Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I am on my way to work this morning in the beautiful Seattle sunshine, and my handlebars feel a little low.:eek:

As I hit a little bump in the road, I actually feel them dip down a bit more.

Now, I'm 65 mile from home, can't leave work yet, with minimal tools at hand. I have about 2 hours until I have to train a pool operators class and I have no idea how to tighten up the bars.:(

Can someone offer some advice?
Towing this thing to the shop or home is really not an option I can afford right now...

I should probably mention that its a 93 Apsencade.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Thanks all

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Roach, underneath the panel where your ign. switch is, are the clamps for your handel bars. there should be a a plastioc cap over them. Underneath that are the cap screws (bolts) that you neede to tighten, 10 or 12mm wrench wich will be in your tool kit if you have one. Good luck let us know how you get along.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you

Thank you for the prompt response. You guys saved me some real stress. Thankfully it was a very simple fix.

Still not quite sure how this happened, and with no prior warning.:eek:

I'll be giving her a thorough check before we get on the road again.

:cool:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Welcome from Canada Roach. Glad to see you found the fix. I was a pround Wing owner last year when I loaned my tool kit to a Harley rider who had a similar problem. Not exactly the same fit but got him out of trouble. My tool kit had never been used (91 Aspencade). Talk about proud!
Strat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts