Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cant ride but still having fun. Kicked back listening to CCR and Santana. Watching old Cowboy movies on TV. Baked some bread today and went to lunch with my Dad. By the way, I put the Green Wing on her center stand this morning so I could get some mnts items taken care of. (Yes- on 1 foot) :D
Jeanne is getting a bit tired of me holding air handlebars and making bike noises while she drives me around. Told her if she were a real jeanne, she would heal my foot so I could ride. However I WILL be able to make the Dodge city ralley in Aug.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
That's the spirit Lone, hang in there you'll be kick'n tires before you know it!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
You will be back on the bike in no time.

·
Super Moderator
9,849 Posts
Nothing like CCR. But they do sound better on the Wing at about 70mph. Keep healing and stay the course. You will be back in the saddle soon.

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
if it will make you feel better i'll tell you about the ride i took yesterday with bettyboop. met her at her house for a ride from detroit to davidson,mi. not far only about 36 miles or so and very uneventfull riding there. then it started thundering and a few minutes later the lightning started. less than five minutes later a hard steady rain. i got her to agreed to take the highway back. the slower speeds would make us more visable and keep road spray down so we could see. rain was comming down faster than it was draining from the road and construction had us down to one lane. you know some cager had to break down and the standing water was at the bottom of my rotor covers in places. then it happened, wooosh and this tidlewave comes over the top of my windshield, no it wasn't a cage going by it was my front wheel hitting some standing water. her 1100 wing was starting to short out from the water around the plugs but we finally made it home smileing from ear to ear. be glad when your back riding and telling stories

·
Super Moderator
9,849 Posts
if it will make you feel better i'll tell you about the ride i took yesterday with bettyboop. met her at her house for a ride from detroit to davidson,mi. not far only about 36 miles or so and very uneventfull riding there. then it started thundering and a few minutes later the lightning started. less than five minutes later a hard steady rain. i got her to agreed to take the highway back. the slower speeds would make us more visable and keep road spray down so we could see. rain was comming down faster than it was draining from the road and construction had us down to one lane. you know some cager had to break down and the standing water was at the bottom of my rotor covers in places. then it happened, wooosh and this tidlewave comes over the top of my windshield, no it wasn't a cage going by it was my front wheel hitting some standing water. her 1100 wing was starting to short out from the water around the plugs but we finally made it home smileing from ear to ear. be glad when your back riding and telling stories
Any ride you come home safe from is a good ride.. Sounds like you make some memories. Great story, glad you were safe.

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
Good to read that lonewolf is keeping his head above the water and that buzzard doesn't mind a lttle bit of water.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts