Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have a sad story; On Sat I went to a public auction with my buddy, he had never been and was curious. I have only been to this one once before.
I wasn't really looking for anything.
We went about an hr after it started. Much to my disappointment I came across a row of almost new Harleys....And ONE Goldwing!

It looked kinda sad all by itself..The REALLY sad part....they had already gone through these bikes at the start of the auction!:eek:

The one wing was a 1984 standard, now this was different for me because I have never seen a standard. This beauty had only 53K original km on it, it had leather saddle bags, a small windshield and to say it was absolutely mint wouldn't come close to the shape it was in.
Clearly it was babied and loved by it's owner(s). The more I looked at it...the more I could see how near perfect it was, then, I found myself wondering WHY it was in an auction?:confused:
Anyway, it was a thing of beauty and I'm still kickin' myself in the ass for not getting there earlier....I have no idea what it went for,in a way I'm glad...If I knew I would probably want to cry....:mad: BTW, the standard looks like an awesome machine..just glad I got to see it..:D

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The last yr? It must have been the only yr then, it was a 1200; I thought they only started the 1200's in 84?
Anyway, it was a sweet prize that some lucky person went home with...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts