Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have a sad story; On Sat I went to a public auction with my buddy, he had never been and was curious. I have only been to this one once before.
I wasn't really looking for anything.
We went about an hr after it started. Much to my disappointment I came across a row of almost new Harleys....And ONE Goldwing!

It looked kinda sad all by itself..The REALLY sad part....they had already gone through these bikes at the start of the auction!:eek:

The one wing was a 1984 standard, now this was different for me because I have never seen a standard. This beauty had only 53K original km on it, it had leather saddle bags, a small windshield and to say it was absolutely mint wouldn't come close to the shape it was in.
Clearly it was babied and loved by it's owner(s). The more I looked at it...the more I could see how near perfect it was, then, I found myself wondering WHY it was in an auction?:confused:
Anyway, it was a thing of beauty and I'm still kickin' myself in the ass for not getting there earlier....I have no idea what it went for,in a way I'm glad...If I knew I would probably want to cry....:mad: BTW, the standard looks like an awesome machine..just glad I got to see it..:D

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
That was the last year for The Standard Gold Wing, probably someone had to declare bankruptcy and had to have it sold,

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The last yr? It must have been the only yr then, it was a 1200; I thought they only started the 1200's in 84?
Anyway, it was a sweet prize that some lucky person went home with...

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
It was the last year of the standard, the gold wing's didn't come dressed until 84, before that the 1975 1000cc to the 1983 1100cc were all standards. In 84 Honda had a standard but also came out with the dressed bikes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts