Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 2002 Gold Wing and have a second keyless remote that I want to program to match the one that came with the bike. Anyone know the exact procedure for re-programming a second remote?

Have Kuryakyn 1383 windshield and GL1600 CL vent from Add On Accessories. But the vent does not fit very well on the 1383. Anyone know of another option for a vent that matches the 1383better? Where do you get it and how much? Is there a Honda vent that will work and if so, what is the part number and the best way to get one at a good price?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
The procedure for the key-less remote:1. Turn the ignition switch on - between one and four seconds and press the trunk "Pop-Up" button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off. Note: keep the timing between one and four seconds, too fast or too slow will cause the control unit to lose the stored codes.

2. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between one and four seconds, press the trunk " Pop-Up " button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.

3. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between one and four seconds, press the trunk " Pop-Up " button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.

4. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between one and four seconds, press the trunk " Pop-Up " button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Leave the ignition switch on.

5. Within 15 seconds, aim all your transmitters (up to three) whose codes you want to store at the trunk and press the " Pop-Up " button once on each transmitter.

6. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.

7. Confirm proper operation with the new code(s).

8. Press and hold your panic button. If you did the programming right, it should blow your horn twice. Release the button.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks again for your help. Can you give me your e mail address and/or tele number in case I need to contact you for more help? Will be trying this today. Thanks again.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2nd reply to your e mail. I read the keyless remote procedure over again and have some followup questions: 1) Assume the procedure described is for the remote I want to program, not the remote that I have that works, correct? 2) After the remote I want to program has had 1-4 steps done, do I then have to aim both remotes at the trunk or just the one that I programmed? In other words, does this procedure only program the second remote with the code that the first remote works with? Just want to be sure before I start so I don't lose what I have. Thanks for the reply.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
I got this procedure off a web site. I have never done it myself, or to myself. I have the Honda manual and I will see if the steps are in there. Better than E-mail is my cell # 703-929-0196. If a fellow name Lee answers, that's me. I'm reading the procedure over and over and if I'm reading it right and I'm reading your question right steps 1-4 are just setting up the bikes receiver in a program mode. The last command in step 4 is leave the ignition on and press all the remote Pop-Up buttons that you want programed. It is just a hunch, but I don't believe it will wipe out your working remote. Follow the procedure without using your working remote in step 5. Garage Door Openers work on the same remote coding idea, that is, you can add additional remotes without disabling your working one. Of course, you can clear the memory and then start all over. The timing of " key on key off" seems to have some importance and I suspect that the timing between the steps puts the bike in an " ADD " mode vs. a " CLEARED THE MEMORY " mode. Just a hunch though.

·
Registered
402 Posts
A few months back, I purchased a second remote for my Wing but I have not programmed it yet. I purcahsed it on e-bay from Midwestkeyless and was sent the attached instruction sheet (pdf) for programming it.

You may have to program both the original, and the new remotes at the same time. The programming sequence may assign a new code, meaning your original will stop working until set to the new code. The instructions mention up to three transmitters but doesn't specify if they're original or additions.

Try it once with just the additional remote and if it works, but your original stops working, repeat the process with both remotes as stated in the instructions and it will hopefully work.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts