Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My wife and I are taking our first REAL vacation in 13 years. We decided to go to your wonderful state of Kentucky. Yes were taking the Goldwing. My wife is insisting. :D Sadly, we'll only have a few days to see the sights as I could only get one week off. So I'm asking you who live there, what would you recommend to see while in your fair state; there seems to be so much, I need to narrow it down. Were looking for towns, and sights of interest, and of course a cruse in the highlands. :D

Thanks for your help.

Dane :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dane not a bad ride in Kentucky. Some beautiful rides in your neck of the woods too. I love the ride from new lisbon to elsworth , maden rock area along the Mississsippi.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I would recommend that you start on the Western End and see Mammoth Cave, the Corvette Museum, Land between the lakes, and some of the award winning barbarcue in Owensboro (Moonlite Barbarcue is a famous one). As you ride toward the bluegrass region and if you have time stop and see Chruchill downs and the Ky Derby museum in Louisville then the Ky Horse Park and museum in Lexington. In Eastern Ky there are several small lakes, and state parks; one of my favorites is Breaks Interstate park with breathtaking views of the mountains where 3 statelines come together (give me a ring & the wife & I will ride with you to the breaks if you want company). Then you could ride 23 North on the way home which is a good road. Just a few, there are many more in between.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not sure what your looking for but Land Between Lakes is real nice. I used to live in that area and really enjoyed the LBL area.

East of there you have Mammoth Caves. Good rainy day activity.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ky parks

Ky Horse Park, Lexington....Jenny Wiley, Prestonburg...I live close to Carter Caves St Park.. all the state parks in Eastern Ky are very good. great riding around red river gourge up through Cave Run Lake, too many good places to list

1 - 6 of 6 Posts