Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys! I've bought my first motorcycle about a month ago. I was a bit worried about getting a 30+ year old bike, but I'm loving it!
It's pretty much in stock condition, with fresh paint, and it runs great. I look forward to picking your brains for good advice and recommendations. I'm going to try and keep track of my motorcycling experience on a blog,

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Welcome aboard from Down Under.That is one nice looking bike and I look forward to your travels. I remember when that model came out, I road one in 1976. Eric

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Sweet looking machine you have there fjahns, I rode a 79 with a vetter package on her. It was also a great ride.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
That looks like it just came out of the create.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Nice ride and welcome to the forum from Pa.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome! I drove through Mansfield just yesterday. I grew up just off of Wichata St. north of Seminary Dr. Years ago there was a Bills Honda on Mansfield St. that me and a buddy would go to and lust after the Mini Trail 50's that they had. That's one sharp ride:cool:

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Gorgeous fjahns, and welcome aboard, another Tx'n to the mix lol. Yes Larry all the GL's were 'nekid' until the introduction of the Interstate in 1980. Most riders wanting luggage prior to that went with Vetter Windjammers and bags. There were lots of other fairing brands at the time (Pacifica etc) and bag maker like Califia. The Interstate was actually the second production 'full tourer' on the market, the BMW R100RT came out in 1979. Arguably the HD "E Glide" was the first touring motorcycle, but the BMW and the Honda were the first ones to have full frame mounted fairings and bags.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts