Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with a Kendon Single-Ride Up SRL Stand-Up Trailer with a GL1800? My wife is developing arthritis in her knees which makes it tough for her to ride all day, so I'm thinking of getting a trailer so we can drive to Colorado and other riding spots we love pulling the Wing and then ride for a few hours at a time. I live in a neighborhood with an HOA that doesn't allow trailers to be stored outside, and I already have half the garage filled with motorcycles, so a stand-up trailer has appeal especially when it comes to storage. I'm wondering how it tracks, as well as reliability. Any body have one?

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
I've trailered bikes on low deck m/c trailers beforre, but never one of the standup for storage versions. Hopefully someone has some experience to share with you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've had my eye on Kendon for about four years. The only thing I didn't like about them was a lack of ride up capability. Now I am in the hunt. Kendon is a solid trailer.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After some more research, I decided to go with a one-up drop-tail trailer. It has a higher load capacity as well as a hydraulic system to lower the back of the trailer for drive on and off. The manufacturers website is droptailtrailers.com if you are interested. I'll give a further review after I've had a chance to put it to use.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
I have a 10x5 utility trailer with a fold down gate and one wheel chock . I bought it for $700 .00 and it works great for my wing . I guess everyone has there preference , but if i am gonna have a trailer that doesn't fold - up then i figure why spend alot of money , when a simple utility trailer will work great . I have a toolbox mounted for straps and any other gear i may need , plus it has side rails and i use it for other than hauling the bike if needed ! Good luck with your purchase !

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I didn't have the storage issues, I would have gone with a utility trailer as well, Santini. The drop-tail trailer is a tilt-up for storage and has a small profile when stored. I think it's going to fit the bill for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts