Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Saturday was invited to a local chapter breakfast, ride and post ride BBQ with the Kamloops (G Chapter) of the GWRRA. there were also 18 bikes from Alberta visiting.

In total there were 28 bikes and some 34 members.

The weather wasn't the best and we got sprinkled on several times during the ride, but the warmth of the friendship made up for the coolness of the weather.

The day was enjoyable from start to finish, which ended up at Kirk and Kathy Elliot's beautiful home for a sumptuos BBQ with all the trimmings. By the time we left at the end of the evening my wife and I felt as though we had been adopted into a large family.

I've been a member of a few other types of clubs, but never experienced this kind of camaraderie.

I've now formally joined the chapter and look forward to many more days like last Saturday.

Ed
(YV)

·
Super Moderator
15,215 Posts
gwrra will do anything to reel you in :) glad you found another group of wing riders to have fun with

·
Super Moderator
9,867 Posts
Always nice to have others with like interests to ride with and enjoy their company. Ride safe and enjoy..

·
Super Moderator
14,458 Posts
Glad you had a good time. My experiences with my local group have also been fun. The recent trip we took with six other bikes to Pennsylvania was with members of our chapter. Without joining this group we never would have met any of them.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Just be warned!! You will gain weight, those guys know where all the good eating places are........ask me how I know?....enjoy your new friends.......

·
Banned
3,186 Posts
Take a good look at the membership book and how it is categorized. A few weeks ago, I used my Gold book and was invited to use a cabin from a member in central washington. I had never met these folks, it was just a phone call and I had a warm, dry and secure place to spend the night. It was also an evening of discussion of trips and dreams around the kitchen table with some new friends.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Glad you had a great experience. I am Chapter Director here in North Phoenix (AZ-R) and that is what we try and do each and every time we meet someone new. If you are ever in our neck of the desert drop by and say hi. Oh and GWRRA also stands for the Gold Wing Restaurant Reviewers Association. Have fun and ride safe.

·
Banned
3,186 Posts
Glad you had a great experience. I am Chapter Director here in North Phoenix (AZ-R) and that is what we try and do each and every time we meet someone new. If you are ever in our neck of the desert drop by and say hi. Oh and GWRRA also stands for the Gold Wing Restaurant Reviewers Association. Have fun and ride safe.
Well if I would have known that, I would have contacted you when I was down in Glendale in April. As it was, I had to eat at the Bavarian place downtown as it was featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. Had I known you guys reviewed the favorites in town, I would have contacted you for sure. (food was really good there)

·
Premium Member
17,134 Posts
Last Saturday was invited to a local chapter breakfast, ride and post ride BBQ with the Kamloops (G Chapter) of the GWRRA. there were also 18 bikes from Alberta visiting.

In total there were 28 bikes and some 34 members.

The weather wasn't the best and we got sprinkled on several times during the ride, but the warmth of the friendship made up for the coolness of the weather.

The day was enjoyable from start to finish, which ended up at Kirk and Kathy Elliot's beautiful home for a sumptuos BBQ with all the trimmings. By the time we left at the end of the evening my wife and I felt as though we had been adopted into a large family.

I've been a member of a few other types of clubs, but never experienced this kind of camaraderie.

I've now formally joined the chapter and look forward to many more days like last Saturday.

Ed
(YV)
That group in Kamloops is in deed fun.
The Elliotts will be at our place this week end.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts