Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Payed a little extra for the complete wiring set from The Electrical Connection, Did a Beautiful job installing it in the bike... Anybody have any ideas where to stow the plug? I installed a Kurakyn hitch.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I haven't had a trailer for a long time but on my last hitch there was a place to attach the plug.

·
Registered
137 Posts
There are several ways to stow the plug--- and everyone has their own preference-- so take a couple of min and go by a RV supply store and look at all the different types of mounts--- even carry acouple out and hold them up to your bike ( with the shop owners permission that is ) and see what you like ---- I personally mount mine vertically on the right side of the metal strut, it helps keep the dirt and water out of it and is easy to find when I want to plug in the trailer

·
Registered
10 Posts
Z1Todd:

I just tried a search for the electrical connection, used a few other combinations, didn't find a company that sells hitch wiring pigtails. My new to me goldwing came with a reciever hitch but no wiring set up. I could build one myself but being on the busy side(or maybe lazy side) I would prefer to get a set up already premade could you supply a URL for where you got yours?

Thanks
Oldfossil

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Kuryakin hitches come with wiring harnesses. Maybe their customer care center would sell one of the harnesses separately? 1-866-277-9598. Most automotive supply stores have the various plugs.

·
Registered
89 Posts
If I remember correctly, I got mine at Chris Chrome. The harness and also a round 5 pin plug with a spring loaded cover on it to keep out the dirt and moisture. That was one I had put on my 89 trike. I wanted to match the setup I had on the 84 Aspy so I could use the trailer on either bike. Worked out great.

Now since the 89 is gone the 98 is new to me, I have to do it all over again, since the 98 has no hitch..

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Kuryakin hitches come with wiring harnesses. Maybe their customer care center would sell one of the harnesses separately? 1-866-277-9598. Most automotive supply stores have the various plugs.
Just bought a Kuryakin hitch for my 07 from Wingstuff and it did not come with any wiring harness. That is about $70 extra for plug and play.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts