Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just picked up my new 2010 Metallic Black base model wing. Got it from a dealer in upstate NY. Sovie's if anyone is looking in NY. They are super nice, and they really deal! They also carry HD and they have deals on those too. No I do not work for them. I do wish they were closer to me (about 2 hrs away).

Got it off the trailer and in my barn. Now it's time to read the owners manual (I know no one does this but others have told me to RTFM!). Then I'll install all the safety chrome UPS has been dropping off all week and wax the hell out of it. Tommorrow I plan on riding the wheels off it.

The metallic black looks awesome in the sun. I can't believe how smooth this bike is compared to my last wing, a 1999 1500SE.

I don't think I will be driving my truck anymore unless it's really nasty out!

Anything I should look for, check out, before I start riding?

Rob

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
First thing is check that the brake rotors are clean of all cosmoline, that is put on at the factory and until it's off the brakes won't work very good. Be careful on your first ride, also check the air pressure in the tires with a GOOD tire gauge. 38 f. 41 r. The first service is at 4,000 miles but a lot of us have changed the oil, filter and final drive fluid at 500 miles, just because! Other than that, ride and have fun

·
Super Moderator
28,444 Posts
Welcome to the site Rob. Ride safe & have fun.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I envy you Rob,never had a new vehicle of any kind in my life.
Welcome to the site,you're in good company here.What is important is you've found a niche in life
that works for you,and that same niche "Motorcycles" is what we're all about here.
Young riders,old riders,new GW's,old GW's we all have the same adventurous free
Spirit and love to ride. Its not the destination but the getting there that we love
so ride on my brother and don't forget to wave okay :)

-Robert-

·
Registered
449 Posts
AHHHH the joy of a new wing......ain't it something to behold?:cool:

Anyway welcome to the site and congrats on the Wing purchase.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments!

To All,

Thanks for the tips and comments.

Spent yesterday putting on all the extra parts I got from Wing Stuff.

Up early this morning getting ready for first ride. We are having an extremely rare case of warm weather here (record 80's) for a couple days. I live in upstate NY and it's usually still snowing in April, sometimes in May also. Normally when I've purchased a bike in the past (new or used) it rains for days!

This will probably be my last bike. I plan on keeping this one for eons. I've had crotch rockets, cruisers and one Wing. After all of those models, I am back on a Wing. You can't beat them!

Even though people say this model is getting old, looks-wise, I think it looks fantastic. The metallic black is sharp!

Safe riding all,
Rob

·
Super Moderator
9,849 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. Don't you just love the smell of a new motorcycle.... Enjoy the forum and ride safe...

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Welcome from Georgia,And enjoy that wing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i just ordered a wing from sovies also

Hi All,

Just picked up my new 2010 Metallic Black base model wing. Got it from a dealer in upstate NY. Sovie's if anyone is looking in NY. They are super nice, and they really deal! They also carry HD and they have deals on those too. No I do not work for them. I do wish they were closer to me (about 2 hrs away).

Got it off the trailer and in my barn. Now it's time to read the owners manual (I know no one does this but others have told me to RTFM!). Then I'll install all the safety chrome UPS has been dropping off all week and wax the hell out of it. Tommorrow I plan on riding the wheels off it.

The metallic black looks awesome in the sun. I can't believe how smooth this bike is compared to my last wing, a 1999 1500SE.

I don't think I will be driving my truck anymore unless it's really nasty out!

Anything I should look for, check out, before I start riding?

Rob
I just ordered a wing from sovies also rob.i was looking at your bike last thursday.VERY sharp color and i like that rear brake light you put on.

ive been buying bike from sovies for over 30 years.His prices cant be beat.hes letting me put my 2009 ultra classic in the showroom to sell it.This is my first wing.Ive been driving ultras since 92.then one day i was up there and he let me take his wing for a spin. i was really amazed by the wing.It seems so light and it handled so good. After riding the wing i was sold. Enjoy your bike

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF rob and kevin, congrats on the purchase of your new wing

·
Registered
13 Posts
I too am a new wing rider. I have had my bike since March. I bought the Metalic Red one. Looks sweet. I have about 500 miles on it and plan on putting a lot more on this riding season. Welcome to the forum and ride safe!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Small world Kevin! Sovie's is amazing, just wish I lived closer to them.

You will not be sorry going from HD to the '10 Wing. Super smooth, handles like it's a lot lighter than it is, and I was surprised how quickly it accelerates.

Of course now that I have it, all the weatherman can say each night is "rain tomorrow"! Supposed to clear up Saturday or Sunday. I knew this would happen.

Rob

·
Registered
29 Posts
Rain Rain Go Away.

When I picked up my first bike from the dealer, there wasn't a cloud in the sky. By the time I drove the hour to the dealership and filled out all of the paperwork, it started to pour. I waited an hour til most of the rain passed and then started out for home. Needless to say it rained off and on for the next 4 days. It gave me alot of time to clean and polishm but not alot of riding for those first few days.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congratulations!! I also just got my '10 Metallic Red GW at the end of March. I'm loving it. Now I just need to set up a road trip!! Ride safe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts