Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a small mishap taking my wing off my trailer. One of my straps had came lose while I was taking the other straps off and the bike laid down on the trailer. It caused a couple of minor scratches on my saddle bag cover. It's not enough to get it repainted, but if you look hard you can see them, but to me they are huge. My questions is this, I am thinking about getting the Chrome Screaming Eagle Trim set and using this to cover up the scratch. I don't know if it will fit because the scratches are on the upper flat portion of the saddle bag cover. Every review I read really don't address if these will work on the flat portion on not. Has anyone used these add on trim sets, and if you did where did you put them? Waiting to here.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The scratches that are there is down to the paint. You have to get real close to see them but, like I said to me it looks like a mountain of a scratch. If that chrome trim that I was asking about works, it will cover it up and the only person that will know it is there will be me. It just makes me sick that the scratch is there.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I feel for you Street Doc. Some kind a-hole keyed my ST a few years back :mad: and there was nothing I could do to fix it without repainting the saddlebag so I never bothered. the guy I sold it to didn't seem to mind thankfully.

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
Found two vertical scratches on the right saddlebag a few weeks ago. Think it happened when I was getting the artificial tree down from the rafters in the garage. The branches have metal tips and I think they came in contact with the bike. I wasn't a happy camper. Tried to polish them out, but no luck. Next step is to try a rubbing compound and see it that works. I can feel the scratches so I'm not real hopeful at this point.

I have a friend who does body work at the my Subaru dealer and maybe I can take it up to him to look at. He has buffed deep scratches out of my Subaru's before. One more thing to annoy me...

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
you could try some polishing compound

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just as soon as I get a chance, I am going to try to buff them out with some rubbing compound first and if that don't work may get those Screaming Eagle chrome trim I was asking about. Everytime I think about the scratches it make me sick. I know it only a Bike but it my beautiful bike now with a couple of scratches on it! ARGHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I also feel for you Street Doc; don't know if it would help or not, but you might try one of those clay bars to polish the scratch and then get a paint stick to fill in any line that is down to the paint... that is, if it's not too wide.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts