Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be coming into a rather good inheritance as soon as the IRS clears it all. I have a 2008 stock Gl1800 with a Champion trike kit on it and no farkles other than an MP3 and a Cobra luggage rack and some Elite 3 foot pads. If it were up to you, what additions would you add if it was yours? I thought about modulating headlights and taillights, but have only seen one bike around here with a modulating headlight on in the day time and he sure got my attention. Another thing: Trikes are very stable so perhaps we don't consider armored safety clothing as we should, but after watching some videos of cages running red lights and tee-boning a trike, it sure made me think. Still here in Tennessee it is hot and highly humid in the summer and I hear a lot of comments but I hate to burn up. I know there are armored mesh jackets out there but thus far I don't have one. So as I said, if it were you what would you spend money on? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
23,759 Posts
I'll be coming into a rather good inheritance as soon as the IRS clears it all. I have a 2008 stock Gl1800 with a Champion trike kit on it and no farkles other than an MP3 and a Cobra luggage rack and some Elite 3 foot pads. If it were up to you, what additions would you add if it was yours? I thought about modulating headlights and taillights, but have only seen one bike around here with a modulating headlight on in the day time and he sure got my attention. Another thing: Trikes are very stable so perhaps we don't consider armored safety clothing as we should, but after watching some videos of cages running red lights and tee-boning a trike, it sure made me think. Still here in Tennessee it is hot and highly humid in the summer and I hear a lot of comments but I hate to burn up. I know there are armored mesh jackets out there but thus far I don't have one. So as I said, if it were you what would you spend money on? Thanks.
Dear Santa Rawhide............ Sincerely, Your friend Chopin114.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,867 Posts
"Farkles" are a strange thing. To each of us they mean something different. I've never owned a trike, so stuff I would add to a 2 wheeler might be different that a 3 wheeler. One thing I do see a lot of, and if you have the $$, is a matching trailer. I've meet a number of folks in my travels that had trikes and they say they never have enough room for their "stuff". So maybe a trailler would be a nice present to yourself.

That, OR you could send me some $$ and I'll find something to treat myself.. Glad for your windfall and hope you find a good use for it. Ride safe..

·
Super Moderator
15,216 Posts
i wear a joe rocket ballistic jacket when its really hot. it has no liner so you'll need rain gear. a volt or amp meter for the bike

·
Registered
29 Posts
If I liked my trike the way it is, I'd spend the money on a trip to somewhere you've always wanted to ride to. Things wear out, but memories last.

·
Super Moderator
7,666 Posts
a bright yellow vest or jacket to make you more visible and an air horn to alert sleeping or distracted drivers.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Save yourself the worries and sleepless nights wondering what to do with that money, send it to me and I'll let you know what a great time I had spending it. :D

·
Banned
3 Posts
...give it to your broker and you will do a lot more later. Not sure?? Ask him what he would do. While you're at it ask him about stock in Windstream. Last payout was 9%...or you could just enjoy it NOW. Whatever you do just be happy.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
I'm with Red Zepplin - Forget the "bling" although I collect a lot, and take a real road trip. Go coast to coast or around the four corners and you will have something that is a lot more precious than "bling". You might want to take a trailer and maybe a camper trailer. Life can throw you some mean cruves, so if you can, take a few trips, do it now.

Failing that, like Joe, I wouldn't mind helping you spend your money. I would make sure to send you pictures of my rides so you could enjoy them from your computer.

Anyway, it is nice to have a delimma like this thrown at you. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts