Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Just wondering what you 6M guys have for mileage on your bikes? I purchased a 2018 in June with 12K, now has 16500 and was looking at the new DCT. I really like my blue but someday want to get a DCT but hate to trade a bike I did a lot of work (just regular maintenance and some add ons, including an RDL) and that it is paid for plays into it, too.

Anyway, any high mileage bikes out there? 2018+ 6M. Just wondering.

Thanks for you time.
Dave

·
Registered
71 Posts
Some things to consider -
Will you ride your current bike after the new one comes? Sounds like you really want a DCT.
Do you have room in your garage for another bike?
Are you ok with the additional insurance and maintenance expenses of another bike?
Will you be financing the new bike? A trade-in would lower the payments dramatically.
Given that there are no significant differences other than the DCT, I think you'd be getting the same bike you have now minus the add ons.

Not sure about this but would the RDL fit onto the new bike?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I would be trading in the bike and I believe the RDL would fit the newer model. Just curious about any high mileage 6M 2018+ out there.
Thank you for your response, I appreciate it.
Dave

·
Registered
2021 DCT Tour Metallic Black
4,366 Posts
Sorry, Dave. I miss read your post. My bad. I had 25,000 on my 2018 before trading it in on my 2021.

Reactions: dshane

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Eddie,
Can I ask why you traded for a 21? Anything wrong with the '18 or did you go to DCT?
Dave

Now I misread your post. I see that you had a DCT all along. Just wanted something new?

·
Registered
2021 DCT Tour Metallic Black
4,366 Posts
Yep, that’s just about it. The 2018 was perfect. I was at the dealership waiting for an inspection and was wandering around the show room I saw this blacked out bike. It looked very sad and depressed. The salesman made me an offer I couldn’t refuse. The bike is now very happy and loves its new home.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, Just wondering what you 6M guys have for mileage on your bikes? I purchased a 2018 in June with 12K, now has 16500 and was looking at the new DCT. I really like my blue but someday want to get a DCT but hate to trade a bike I did a lot of work (just regular maintenance and some add ons, including an RDL) and that it is paid for plays into it, too. Anyway, any high mileage bikes out there? 2018+ 6M. Just wondering. Thanks for you time. Dave
Hello, Just wondering what you 6M guys have for mileage on your bikes? I purchased a 2018 in June with 12K, now has 16500 and was looking at the new DCT. I really like my blue but someday want to get a DCT but hate to trade a bike I did a lot of work (just regular maintenance and some add ons, including an RDL) and that it is paid for plays into it, too. Anyway, any high mileage bikes out there? 2018+ 6M. Just wondering. Thanks for you time. Dave
206,783 miles on my old GL1500SE. Put close to 300k on my last two. You have a long ways to go My Friend. “Happy Riding and be safe.” ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts