Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)Bought a Goldwing Luxury late last year and am having it transformed into a Trike. Planning on going around Tasmania on it. Was sold on it when a friend took me for a spin on his new GW so now am a little nervous! Will let you know what it is like when I pick it up in May. Have been looking at the States and there are a lot of Trikes. Cheers Bron

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello wheellock, welcome to GWOF. where do you call home

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Congrats on your new Wing. Ride safe.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome to the site wheellock. Are you a Tazzie? Got friends up in the north: Boat Harbour, lovely place.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Welcome, the trike will take some getting used to but after awhile it will be like you rode it all your life.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Welcome from the Tar Heel state :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks.

Thanks to all. I am living in Canberra at the moment but visited Tassie a couple if years ago for two weeks and just loved it. From that trip said to my partner would love to do it on a bike. Saw a chap in my previous home on a Goldwing Trike and that was when the seed was planted. A friend from work bought the new Luxury, took me for a ride and that was the sealant! I am going from a Kawasaki 900 cruiser to this hence my nervousness. When i work out to place a photo I will post one. It is seriously drooling material. Just fantatstic. I am so looking forward to chatting to you all and hearing about your riding experiences.

In fact maybe one of you can advise on best comms set for a Norton lift up face and a Shoei full face. That is the only thing missing at this stage. Bron:)

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
In fact maybe one of you can advise on best comms set for a Norton lift up face and a Shoei full face. That is the only thing missing at this stage. Bron:)
A lot of riders use the J&M audio for their Wings. Comes in a couple of different flavors. A standard and a high fidelity version. Check out their stuff at:

http://www.jmcorp.com/

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Welcome from central Mississippi. I worked with a guy from Tasmania on a wildfire in Oregon once. He was sure a hoot to work with. Great way of expressing himself that made me think about it for a minute before I started laughing. One morning he said he was all "buggered and nakid", took some explanation on his part before I got it....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Charlie.

:)
A lot of riders use the J&M audio for their Wings. Comes in a couple of different flavors. A standard and a high fidelity version. Check out their stuff at:

http://www.jmcorp.com/
Have heard the J&M is a good brand. Have also looked at Tomcat Distributions at the HS G110 and HS G130 so will do some research. Appreciate help. Bron

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Charlie.

Welcome from central Mississippi. I worked with a guy from Tasmania on a wildfire in Oregon once. He was sure a hoot to work with. Great way of expressing himself that made me think about it for a minute before I started laughing. One morning he said he was all "buggered and nakid", took some explanation on his part before I got it....
Thanks for that. I must say the Taswegians are a strange bloody lot but great people on the whole. Looking forward to getting use the the Goldwing though am a little nervous as is somewhat bigger than my 900. I am told I will get use to it. Cheers from Down Under

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Welcome along mate. You are only 2 days ride away. We are planning to go to Canberra later in the year.There is nothing like tring to find your way around Canberra. You can see where you want to go, but just can't get there. But when you get use to it, the traffic flows well. One of the big problems is to get time off when my wife is not busy. We have a few Aussie on the forum but I think you are the closest to me. Eric

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Charlie.

Welcome along mate. You are only 2 days ride away. We are planning to go to Canberra later in the year.There is nothing like tring to find your way around Canberra. You can see where you want to go, but just can't get there. But when you get use to it, the traffic flows well. One of the big problems is to get time off when my wife is not busy. We have a few Aussie on the forum but I think you are the closest to me. Eric
Hi Eric, have been reading your blog about you heading off to the Grampians. What a lovely part of SA that is. I am sure you will enjoy it in the comfort of the wing. I take it your wife enjoys the ride as well or does she have her own bike?
I collect mine in May as having converted to a Trike. I want to do a trip around Tassie before venturing off around Australia. A lot of planning to do first so not going to happen in the next 12 months. I am looking forward to getting on it as was given the opportunity of going pillion on a friends Goldwing Luxury and fell in love with it. What a beautiful piece of machinery. Anyway will be something to get used to.

Canberra is not so difficult to get around. It all goes around in one big block where you always come back to where you started. Three distinct markers is the Geiser in Lake Burley Griffen, Parliament House and the Telstra Tower. Head towards any of them and you will find your way in to Town. You honestly can't get lost! I hope you enjoy the trip when you get over here. Let me know when in town, and if not away with work then happy to show you some of the good spots to see. Take care. Bron

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
June

Hi all you trikers. Well I have been told that I can collect my trike end of Jun and now I am getting excited. The chaps working on it say it is beautiful and that the independent suspension will make it so much more comfortable, Does anyone know of any women who ride a Goldwing Trike as would be interested in how they feel on it? The boys a re going to spends a couple of days of me and take me out on rides and answer any questions I may have. If I figure out t=how to download a pic I will so you can all drool, though looking at some of your trikes, you will know what OI will be feeling!!! Your in triking.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts