Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first goldwing it a 1982 interstate gl1100. I am hoping to fix it up and enjoy it. the front fairing is no count but I would like to put some 18" ape hangers on it and get a bracket to mount a headlight on it. I would also like to replace the pipes with some custom exhaust. id like to replace the gauges with chrome custom ones. find some custom seats. so if anyone has any ideas or some part numbers or a website i can find some parts that would be great!

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania and congrats on your new (to you) Wing. Ride safe.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I just bought my first goldwing it a 1982 interstate gl1100. I am hoping to fix it up and enjoy it. the front fairing is no count but I would like to put some 18" ape hangers on it and get a bracket to mount a headlight on it. I would also like to replace the pipes with some custom exhaust. id like to replace the gauges with chrome custom ones. find some custom seats. so if anyone has any ideas or some part numbers or a website i can find some parts that would be great!
Id find a used VTX headlight and bracket assembly, put a set of autometer gauges for oil, water and voltage in chrome pods (also sold by autometer) and a Valkyrie speeedometer. I'd keep the rear bags, paint the rear fender and far as the seat goes you can use the seat pan and shape it anyway you want. I;s put some lowering block on the rear (I have a set for an early GL around here somewhere. You could use the original headers and have about any exhaust shop build you an open 4 to 4 system and then have it ceramic coated. I would buy Vaklyrie tail light and mold that into the rear fender and french the turn signals into the bags. I'd black out the entire bike (gloss black) other than a few accents of chrome. You don't need a website, just use your imagination.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Id find a used VTX headlight and bracket assembly, put a set of autometer gauges for oil, water and voltage in chrome pods (also sold by autometer) and a Valkyrie speeedometer. I'd keep the rear bags, paint the rear fender and far as the seat goes you can use the seat pan and shape it anyway you want. I;s put some lowering block on the rear (I have a set for an early GL around here somewhere. You could use the original headers and have about any exhaust shop build you an open 4 to 4 system and then have it ceramic coated. I would buy Vaklyrie tail light and mold that into the rear fender and french the turn signals into the bags. I'd black out the entire bike (gloss black) other than a few accents of chrome. You don't need a website, just use your imagination.
everything you have just described is what i have in mind, its maroon now but black would look so much prettier! those lowering block you have i am very interested in let me know what you want for them i would like to get my hands on them! thanks so much again for you help!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks. i will look up all of what i need and pick up your blocks

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Hi there Lowmax, and welcome. Best of luck o your rebuild. Sounds like a blast!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts