Honda Goldwing Forum banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #103 (Edited)
Glad this entire saga worked out for you and it sounds like they stepped up big to replace your bike with a year newer ride, which they should have after all the hassle. Still disappointing that the communication wasn't better, but the bottom line is that Honda did the right thing in the end and proved to me anyway that once again this company takes care of their customers. I say this knowing, that they are good at taking care of their employees , so its nice to see.....enjoy the new wing!

Actually, it was not Honda that did this upgrade but rather the dealer. He is still hassling with Honda on the old bike with a massive electrical failure that he is still trying to repair. He took it upon himself to do what he did and absorb the difference in price between the two model years. He also paid all the cost of TT&L. I can’t believe that Honda corporation would not back him up on this But he is still waiting for reimbursement of all his cost in this matter

Believe it or not the 2018 bike is still torn completely apart in his service department and no one can figure out why this bike had such a massive failure. Honda corporation has said that it has never seen a motorcycle do what this one has done. I think that’s quite a statement considering how many millions of motorcycles they have made. Anyway, I am satisfied with my outcome of it. I would buy from this dealer again now that I’ve seen how much he went to the mat for this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Actually, it was not Honda that did this upgrade but rather the dealer. He is still hassling with Honda on the old bike with a massive electrical failure that he is still trying to repair. He took it upon himself to do what he did and absorb the difference in price between the two model years. He also paid all the cost of TT&L. I can’t believe that Honda corporation would not back him up on this But he is still waiting for reimbursement of all his cost in this matter

Believe it or not the 2018 bike is still torn completely apart in his service department and no one can figure out why this bike had such a massive failure. Honda corporation has said that it has never seen a motorcycle do what this one has done. I think that’s quite a statement considering how many millions of motorcycles they have made. Anyway, I am satisfied with my outcome of it. I would buy from this dealer again now that I’ve seen how much he went to the mat for this.
Well its good to here that the dealer stepped up then. Hopefully Honda steps up for him now. I would assume they will eventually but its probably like trying to change the direction of a freight train for them. I would think they would want it sent back to them, so they can direct it and figure out what happened.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Wow. I just read this entire thread. If I didn't already own a Goldwing I sure wouldn't purchase one now. That may be the worst customer service (up until the end) that I have ever heard of. I'm glad the dealer finally did what was right. It doesn't provide me with a lot of confidence in the brand.

·
Registered
313 Posts
To make a decision not to ever buy based solely on one instance out of millions is not too smart in my book. I've owned 16 Honda Motorcycles of which 4 were Goldwings in 56 years of riding and have put half million miles on bikes to include 8 other manufacturers and not once have I had a problem that can not be classified as normal wear and tear. I have always preferred Honda's. They are a tiny bit more expensive, a little bit heavier by engine size, but well built. I also know that Honda just like all the others does not make every individual part that goes into the build. In the above problem, I would expect an electrical component like a resistor or diode is not performing up to the specifications it is designed for. Cold it works, warm it doesn't. I've seen that problem on other types of items.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
I agree with TmDill about judging Honda motorcycles by the one I had with the massive electrical failure with. This was literally a one in a million event considering how many motorcycles Honda has produced that have run flawlessly. The other Goldwing I purchased at the same time has been perfect. You might rethink your position on this.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts