Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all .
Just a 50 year old guy in Oregon here. Ex Big twin rider looking to get back to riding . No wing yet , but lookin at some 1983s-85s . All with about 50,000 on the clock . I think that is good . Wouldnt look at a big twin with that many miles !!!
I say ex big twin rider because , well heck , you all know why .
I do have my mind set on the wing , thats for sure .
Well , I guess with that said , see ya on the road and .....
GOOD TIMES !!!!!

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
hello fish, welcome to GWOF

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa and good luck on your quest for the perfect Wing for you. Ride safe and enjoy....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah , newer would be better , but for now it is a case of simple economics .
I do appreciate the input , and perhaps i can find a 1500 .
But so far , my budget points to something I can pick up for about 2800 bucks .

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Welcome to the forum, hope you find what you are looking for. One of my GWRRA riding buddies has a really nice 95, 1500 he'd let go for right at $5000.00. ( It just turned 100,000) barely broke in.
From the Northwest Corner

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Nothing really wrong with the 1200's, but as mentioned, better availability of parts/service for the 1500's. A bit cushier machine too, although either one will serve well for 100's of K miles. 1200's have a weak stator (that can be remedied with some time and a few hundred $$) and the 1500's have weak stock alternators, also a fairly easy and non-expensive fix.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nothing really wrong with the 1200's, but as mentioned, better availability of parts/service for the 1500's. A bit cushier machine too, although either one will serve well for 100's of K miles. 1200's have a weak stator (that can be remedied with some time and a few hundred $$) and the 1500's have weak stock alternators, also a fairly easy and non-expensive fix.
Thank you .
As I said , simple economics . 1985ish for me for now . All I can afford with out taking out a loan , even a small one . Plus , the ones im lookin at only have 22,000 on one and 48 on the other . might be the last bike i ever own .
All ways good for a upgrade later !!!

GOOD TIMES !!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts