Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the 4th I took an early ride with a friend. We met up at 7:00 to ride before it heated up for the day. Right then it was 80 degrees and felt pretty good. We rode some back roads and up the Natchez Trace to Ratliff Ferry to see if any bikes had shown up. This is a traditional stop for bikes on the weekend and usually there are 20 or more parked there to stop for a cold beverage. As it was a little early for the traditional bike crowd, we continued up to Kosciusko and stopped for breakfast. From here neither of us had ever been up to the north end of Hwy 43 so we headed that way. That turns out to be a very nice road with good sweeping curves. Although the last section north of Friendship, MS isn’t marked as highway and isn’t in such good shape. The area is pretty and mostly mid-Mississippi farms and forest. It made for a nice shady ride as it was getting warmer. At the north end we hit Hwy 407 and headed east to French Camp and back to the Trace. Heading south on the Trace led us back to Ratliff Ferry and there were a small number of bikes lined up in the shade. We talked bikes and cured all society’s ills. When we started to sweat while sitting in the shade, we decided it was time to get home. It was just getting into the low 90’s when we pulled out (just past noon) and hit 95 before I made it all the way home at 1:30. It was heating up quick and got to 98 at the house. A good day, about 180 miles, and sitting around the pool with a couple adult refreshments and a cigar put a fine finish on the day. Sorry, no pictures today.

·
Super Moderator
11,790 Posts
Sounds like a very nice ride.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Sounds like a nice ride. Finally getting nice weather here in the N.W. corner, now if we could get Betty's hip feeling better so we could get out and enjoy the weather.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
Sounds like the rest of us missed out Crownfire. How can you go wrong with a great ride, good friend, relaxation afterwards, some drink & a smoke. Didn't need pictures for this one. I let imagination do the work.

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
Mark. July 4th was a kind of an anti-climatic day for me. Sunday Mz. Vickie and I rode up to ol' fossil and Janice's homestead. Had a five course lunch and a few hugs. Storms raging down at my place but we were safe and sound and sunny up there. By the time we crossed the VA line about 7:30 p.m. the evidence of the storm that " passed " were there. PA was a safe heaven. 400 miles, a full belly and nothing much wet to speak of.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Sounds like a great day. Mine was spent at a 4th of July party and sitting on the deck watching fireworks at night with friends. Just a relaxing day...

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mark. July 4th was a kind of an anti-climatic day for me. Sunday Mz. Vickie and I rode up to ol' fossil and Janice's homestead. Had a five course lunch and a few hugs. Storms raging down at my place but we were safe and sound and sunny up there. By the time we crossed the VA line about 7:30 p.m. the evidence of the storm that " passed " were there. PA was a safe heaven. 400 miles, a full belly and nothing much wet to speak of.
We had friends over on Sunday to splash in the pool and roast something on the grill. We didn't have anything planned for the 4th so I went for a ride. Glad you missed the storms.

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like a great day. Mine was spent at a 4th of July party and sitting on the deck watching fireworks at night with friends. Just a relaxing day...
Sounds good. We did the same on Sunday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts