Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a '77 'wing in the garage, that has been giving me fits since it got there. One side (left) fires ok, but the right side points won't give . changed 'em this morning, figuring that had been the problem, since they worked sometimes, when I've had the patience to go back to the bike. Any ideas?

·
Registered
151 Posts
hi rky, any chance the power wire to the points is grounding out against the point plate an not allowing the points to work. also is there 12volts at each set of points when the points are open an not grounded out. power comes thru the kill switch. good luck

·
Registered
137 Posts
heavy chevy call it correctly-- the stock points set up is less than optimal-- go with the new mag pick up and this will proably solve most of your problems past present and future

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
you changed the points but what about the condensers, wont run right with bad condensers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have a '77 'wing in the garage, that has been giving me fits since it got there. One side (left) fires ok, but the right side points won't give . changed 'em this morning, figuring that had been the problem, since they worked sometimes, when I've had the patience to go back to the bike. Any ideas?
WOW!! Thanks for the helpful replies. I am glad I enrolled(?) at this site. I did check the connection at the points plate, but I did not change the condenser. Haven't wrenched for a while and the webs are up there. Again, thanx to all who re[plied. I will consider the upgrade, and will post my progress....

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
there are two condensers, change them both

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
thanks Buzz, I'll order them today
response from this site is great...
I went to R1 forum when I got my '09, and got ripped for spending my money on my bike...

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
thanks Buzz, I'll order them today
response from this site is great...
I went to R1 forum when I got my '09, and got ripped for spending my money on my bike...
next time let them buy you an r1:D i always say buy what makes you happy, all my bikes make me happy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts