Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,
I just bought a 1999 Goldwing 1500 aspencade.
I'm changing the fliuds on it and do dot see a drain/fill for the tranny.

Is the tranny connected to the motor and motor oil does both????

Joe ????

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
hello joearuba and welcome to GWOF. yes the trans is connected to the motor and engine oil lubes them both

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tranny oil

William,
thanks for the quick reply... My local lealer says to run a type of oil they sell that is 1/2 oil and 1/2 synethetic. All premixed in a quart bottle.
I know know that the clutch is a wet one. Is theat a good mix of oil to run?

Thanks, 'Joe

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Dang he's quick isn't he Joe, welcome to the site. Make sure that it's a m/c formulated (Jaso MA or MA2) blend and you'll be ok (no friction reducers like moly etc). I use Amsoil full synthetic and love it.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania and congrats on your new (to you) Wing. As far as Honda is concerned, oil is oil, as long as it meets the standards set forth in your manual. THAT SAID..... everyone has their preferrences. Some use just plain old dino oil, some synthetic blend and some full synthetic. The Goldwing engines run fine with any of the above for many miles without any problem...

I personally use the Honda synthetic blend and honda filters. Change both together (with a new crush washer...LOL).. Use what you like, change according to the maint schedule and your Wing will be happy....

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Welcome Joe from N.C.

Oil is a never ending debate. Honda vs. dinosaur oil vs. whatever. If you do a little research, you will see other posts to see the ongoing arguement. Others have said it right, you will have to do your own research to decide. I agree with 2 wheel, if you don't have an opinion now, use what Honda sells and you know you are safe. You can always change your mind later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts