Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just found my dream bike, an all original (i hope) 1975 gl 1000--cracked gauge faces and all!

The PO is putting on a new fuel pump for me and then I'm on my own :eek:

I can't wait to run a few tanks of fuel through it!

I am looking for any guidance on making this beaut a good daily driver.

I am young, and I wouldn't call myself a winger, but I hope I can get a warm welcome.:eek:

·
Super Moderator
28,521 Posts
Well Moose the GWOF is a good place with equally good peole. Have a good time on the site & ask away. So greetings from PA.

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from Alabama.

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Super Moderator
15,118 Posts
hello moose, welcome to GWOF. wher is home for you

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa and congrats on your new 2u Wing. Ride safe and enjoy the forum.

·
Premium Member
7,556 Posts
Hey Moose, nice bike. I love some of the older classic bikes like these. Looks pretty good from a distance. My first was an 85 Aspencade and now ride a 95 Aspy. Welcome to the forum. There's allot to gain here on this web forum. Good luck with your new to you super cool 75 GL 1000.

·
Super Moderator
7,638 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on getting a Classic Wing.
Post some pics when you can.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on getting a Classic Wing.
Post some pics when you can.
There should be some pictures on my original post. Some times it just shows a cross out box, but when I right click and select "view image" i can see it.

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It doesn't matter if your young or old we're all Wingers and thats a good group of people.

·
Super Moderator
7,638 Posts
There should be some pictures on my original post. Some times it just shows a cross out box, but when I right click and select "view image" i can see it.
Had to switch browsers to see pics, that Wing is in nice shape.

·
Administrator
25,864 Posts
Welcome Moose. I can't get anything but the box, but I trust trike lady so I say nice bike!:D

·
Super Moderator
7,638 Posts
Welcome Moose. I can't get anything but the box, but I trust trike lady so I say nice bike!:D
I went back to IE and brought up the photos from the box with the X, Opera security doesn't let a lot of stuff in. Sent the images to my documents and dropped them in here.
It's a very nice looking Wing for its age.

Attachments

·
Banned
8 Posts
Nice find, Moose!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Welcome. Here you find a new world opening up from such gracious people!!
Ride with the angels surrounding you!
God bless,
Angelmammaw

·
Premium Member
8,344 Posts
Hello Brother Moose; Bison here. Yeah, these little scooters are fun bikes aren't they!

You may want to run 4-6oz of Seafoam in those first 5-6 tanks of fuel to clean out the carbs, and in the crankcase if you should do an oil/filter change before long. Clean is our friend, and more important inside than outside. Gee, that almost sounds philosophical.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts