Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help again, just purchased a pair of JM Headsets for our helmets. I'm new to the Goldwing family and my used wing did not come with a book. Can someone let me know if the new headsets are suppose to cut the radio noise out when we talk or do we just have to talk over the radio. Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
When you talk the radio will mute, not cut out completely & you will be louder. Not sure where the adjustment is on an 1800 but on a 1500 there is a control to change the sensitivity of that adjustment. It should be marked as intercom mute or such.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
With the intercom on you can push one of the radio knobs, I don't remember which one, and it will scroll through different functions, one will be INTERCOM VOLUME and one will be INTERCOM MUTE. The mute setting will determine how easy the radio will mute, if you set it to low it will mute with wind noise, I would start at 5 and then adjust from there.
You might check here for a free download of Honda manuals
http://www.goldwingdocs.com/index.asp

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information. I will check it out when I get home from work. Thanks again

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Been a while since I set mine, but pretty sure the button Joe is referring to is the 'mode' control. Scroll through it and see what comes up on the screen, pretty certain you will find it there. If I get time I'll check my manual. I'd try and obtain one if I were you, and a service manual if you plan on doing any of your own mods or maintenance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts