Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching a utube video on Japaneese goldwings the other day and saw that they all had a windshield wiper. I was curious as to why the ones we have in the states do not have this option? I know I have been in some rain where I wished I had one. What thoughts do all the rest of you have on this idea? Curious to know if I am the only one who would like to have this feature.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I was watching a utube video on Japaneese goldwings the other day and saw that they all had a windshield wiper. I was curious as to why the ones we have in the states do not have this option? I know I have been in some rain where I wished I had one. What thoughts do all the rest of you have on this idea? Curious to know if I am the only one who would like to have this feature.
Because one is not required by law.
Besides, once one rubs through the hard coat..........................
If you really want one: http://www.peerclear.com/

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I love the concept but as you said it would rub scratches in the shield!

·
Registered
455 Posts
During downpours I generally find a place in the dry. Don't want anything damaging this high $$$$$$ windshield. :D:D

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
I wish it didn't scratch the heck out of the windshield, cause here in Florida where 'Gully Washers' can come out of no where that would be a good idea on any Wing.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Glass scratches about as easy as plastic. A good blade won't cause much damage as often as it is likely to be used on most motorcycles. As the site says, use a good plastic polish on it and it should be no problem. Then there are those windshields that claim to be scratch resistant and you can clean them with steel wool! A wiper blade should be nothing for those windshields. I just don't drive in rain often enough to make it worth $300. that is a long way towards another set of tires, or more chrome! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts