Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed from Santa Monica to Jacksonville FL (almost 2500 miles) for the IBA party. Planning to be on the road by 04:00 PDT 11/Mar/2013 and in JAX by 22:00 PDT 13/Mar/2013. 2500 miles in 42 hours. This gives me 8 hours to play with (and still complete a 50cc). In 2004 I did 2390 in 41 hours on my GL1500.

SPOT link

InReach Link

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Good luck John.:BigHand:

·
Premium Member
7,116 Posts
See if you can make to Jacksonville before you have to void your bladder. Good Luck and Be safe....and wave at me when you come through Alabama:jiggy:

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
You probably won't see this till you reach JAX, maybe the morning after. So, I hope the ride went smooth and easy, which would also mean safely.

·
Banned
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I made it to the party in Jacksonville and home. It was fun chatting with the fellow LD riders and seeing the motorcycles. Got a few ideas for my own ride.

11-12/Mar/2013, 2499 miles from Santa Monica CA to Jacksonville Beach FL

Hightlights:
I-10 CLOSED east of Houston - that was fun.:Angry_98OLVV:
Robert Mundren signed my ending witness, he rode a 125cc motorcycle from key West to Dead Horse AK! The itty-bitty machine was in FL for the interested!:canada-flag-14:

16-17/Mar/2013, 2488 miles from Jacksonville Beach FL to Santa Monica CA

Highlights:
Michael Kneebone signed my starting witness form:bow:
Houston had the beltway choked off to one lane so you pay toll and still wait:Angry_98OLVV:

·
Premium Member
7,116 Posts
Proud you made it back safe JOC.....Getting it all done and meeting Kneebone. Really cool!!! Congrats man

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
John congrats that is a great ride and getting to meet Michael as well. I am hoping to ride with him some day. He is legendary. Again congrats.

What brand is your one piece suit?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.