Honda Goldwing Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
if your within a 100 miles of that I could change route for a chance to shake hands.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
We are located about 40 miles east of Vancouver, B.C. Just outside of Sumas, Washington.

·
Administrator
15,289 Posts
The map does put it into perspective. It's a long way up there. If you want some company up to Memphis I can ride along for a bit.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
sounds good, will prolly leave stupid early since day one is St. Paul MN.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
mid June is the plan for now, and yes should have the seat the first part of May, my production date is April 20th.

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Dustin, tentatively, it looks like your return will bring you thru DFW. Keep us up to date and I'll jump in.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
A man with a mission: love it Dustin. Like Randy said if you come thru DFW, we'd love to meet up and buy your coffee, burger or kale salad and hear your tales of the the Great Northwest.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 · (Edited)
if all goes.to plan will be coming through Dallas on July 3rd, would be great to see Randy and Dan, will keep yall posted.

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
sounds good, will prolly leave stupid early since day one is St. Paul MN.

Would have liked to host you, Dustin, but I'll still be out West at that point. My chances of rendezvousing with you are better in Idaho than in my home state!:surprise::grin2:

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
I think you will be passing fairly close to me. Depending on your departure date, perhaps I could meet up and ride with you a ways. It looks like you will be on I-39 for a while.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
I will be posting more route details in june and also plan to have a spot gps by then so will post the link before I head out , so if anyone is interested in following along that way they can and can always pm me and can give you my cell number so we can meet along the way if possible and schedules work. Thanks for everyone's intrest and lets enjoy the trip.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Dustin I know as the time gets closer you are getting excited about your trip. I just got a production date for my RD long seat. April 25th. It's hard to believe that they schedule that far out. On Monday they told me they had 27 new orders waiting for them when they got to the office. I guess that says something about their reputation. After my hurt butt from my trip to Florida I can't wait to get mine.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Looks like you will be going through the Spokane-Coeur d'Alene area, would love to meet up and buy you a beer if it works out.>:) Got a spare bed or a spot in the yard for your tent as well.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Dustin
On longer trips out west, I would dry camp (just find a place to throw up the tent, jump in, then in the morning, pack and go). I can't tell you all the secrets of finding a quiet place where no-one would notice but I will relate this one story.
Were were in this quaint town (I think CO) and looking for a spot to crash. One brother (I ride with 3 brother - all mine) wanted to find the high school while another want to get out of town. We tried the school and scoped it out. One spot was a secluded parking lot that looked pretty good. Then we found the school court yard which had a narrow entry (sidewalk) and then opened to picnic tables and open space but surrounded by school. We choose the court except one brother that choose the sleep on the football field (sentiment I think). Anyway, as we woke up, packed and rolled, we notice our seemingly secluded parking lot was the main entrance for the morning swimmers - 5 or 6 cars parked there. Boy were we lucky not setting up there.
Lastly, if you need a longer weekend ride, you can stay with us for free. Drive up Sat. stay overnight, head back Sun. We'll feed ya and give you a bed.
Good luck with your plans.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Thanks Tim, might take you up on that one day.

My plan is to camp most of the trip, lot of free dry camping to be specific, gotta cut costs where I can. I have family in Salt Lake and Albuquerque which are my last two stops and a buddy in St Paul which is my first stop so those are taken care of. I plan to motel in Saskatoon and in Fairbanks for a night each but other than that gonna be in a tent, still have not nailed down exactly where my camp spots will be or researched that much yet but will be soon on my list to iron out.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Hi, Crownfire! We will be traveling next month and we will have to change the tires and oil of our 2006 in Mississipi. Do you know the best place to do that:

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
you can try GotGearMotorsports http://www.gotgearmotorsports.com/ take a look and give them a call with your expected dates and such to be on the schedule so when you arrive you should be easy to get in.

Of course that is in Jackson Ms, not sure what your route is though?

61 - 79 of 79 Posts