Honda Goldwing Forum banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Administrator
15,315 Posts
I hope not too early tomorrow. Kind of slippery up this way to end the day. Overnight it will not get any better.

I've gotten some tires from them in the past.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Turns out it was only my tourmaster jacket, which fit perfect and will great for tomorrow. My driver does not show up till 9 tomorrow and gotta stop by the bank first since they closed early today due to weather, so expect the roads should be fine by the time i get there and ready to head home.

·
Administrator
15,315 Posts
Where do you have to go?

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Hattiesburg, watching the news now to see if i will be able fo go or not. Lot of roads are still iced up.

·
Administrator
15,315 Posts
Tristan left here for the coast at 05:00 this morning. He hasn't called that he's in the ditch yet. So it's probably okay.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Well this weekend is out, buddy couldnt make it, guess the riding gods are giving me a sign I need to wait for my new helemt to get here before i get the bike? So be it, next weekend is good weather anyway and gives me another week to clen up the shop for more parking room.

·
Administrator
15,315 Posts
It wasn't a good day to drive down to Hattiesburg anyway. Tristan made it to the coast but it took him 5 1/2 hours, normally 3. He said the road was real slick and he almost went off in one place. Lots of others not so lucky.

Chance of rain next Saturday. Let me know if you want me to bring you with a trailer.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I love it so far. Runs great but will need to do a few things soon, oil n filter, lube it all up then bigger stuff like steering bearings and tires n brakes and check the shaft. I only got in 150 miles today before i came home but as usual got right to work on it with a few mods and a fix. The throtle had slop which turned out to be routed wrong on the cables and one of them was a little busted but i fixed it with a zip tie until I buy a new one, just the very end of the adjuster at the grip is broken a little but now its good.

So it does have bar risers and is in good shape over all and even already had a K&N air filter so I think the PO might have been a gear head or at least took care of it. The first thing I did was put led tail lights in since one was out anyway and I have a box of them in the shop from when I had my goldwing. Next up was the cable fix and remove the slop, then ditched the foam grips and put on oxford heated grips and a kako throttle lock. Will go ride tomorrow and order some oil and a filter and new spark plugs, the K&N was very clean so all good there. It has some almost new shinko tires so will roll those for a while but prolly get some new avons or something before I take any big trips. So far I am positive I made a good choice!

And of course had to take is apart a little just to see what was in there, oh and also to hook up the heated grips and a lead for my heated jacket. It had a battey tender lead on it but took it off and tossed it, I have no need for that since I ride every day.

·
Administrator
15,315 Posts
Looks good! I'm riding down to Wiggins tomorrow early. Have to be there by 09:00. After lunch I'll head some back roads home probably east of you some. (hwy 29 up to Soso and then over toward Raleigh) Text me where you'll be and maybe we can ride some. Big Ken will be coming through some time in the afternoon too.

·
Administrator
29,023 Posts
Looking good Dustin

:upthumbs:

·
Administrator
15,315 Posts
Can't believe you didn't say anything about headlights........

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
little over 300 miles today and it was great, averaged 41.1 mpg even with some....spirited.....riding. This bike is very quick if you ask it to be. Think I will look into a better seat and a bit taller windshield to match my height, but all in all I am very happy.

·
Administrator
15,315 Posts
I'll ad that it looks pristine. It would look great for a 2013 and it's a 2003.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 · (Edited)
ok review time.

like the bike a lot, runs great and seating position is good for my body and it is comfortable for the most part. it does put out a lot of heat on the legs but is easy to just get them in the wind a little and its not too bad. the shinko tires are crap but brand new so will run them for a little bit and sokething new on order. the front tire has a butt load of weights on the rim and I think that is the cause of low speed wobbles. will put on a new tire and balance it better before i say the steering bearings need to be replaced. I think I need to adjust the valves, there is a little clatter on cold starts but it goes away quickly and it seems to be running well but still want to do valves and plugs and see where it goes from there. MPG wise it got 41 the first tank and 44 the second so jetting seems good and no hesitation with smooth idle.

gear and upgrades

the oxford heated grips are awesome, install was a snap and the work very well and feel great too, the controler is clean and looks good and not in the way at all. I have been researching headlights and think I will go with LED of some sort soon since I ride in the dark a lot. I thought about tip over bars so I can run highway pegs but my legs are just too long so not a good reason to get them since that just wont work for me. i think I will get a 6" led light bar to put under the headlight for auxiliary lighting just gotts see how tht goes.

schuberth C3 pro helmet is the bomb, it is very comfortable super quiet and just overall awesome. I got the Schuberth SRC bluetooth that replaces the neck roll and love it too, the audio is plenty louc and clear and the buttons are easy to use. I rand pandora and qooqle maps for a 10 hour day and it worked all day so battery seems good too.

went with the tourmaster transition 4 jacket and it is good over all so far, dont think it will work once the temps get over 70 just too hot. the liner is great and in 40 degree weather it was plenty warm . it is very comfortable but even with the liner out and all vents open it was very warm . Also got the tourmaster over pants but have not used them yet, it isnsupposed to be raining tomorrow so will get to test out the water proof of both.

so the upcoming things will be a taller windshield, think I will try the 19" clear for my rifle base. I am 6'4" so it should put the air flow iin just the right spot, right now it just makes a littlemore noise at speeds of 75 and up so for all day riding I want to bring the decibles down a if I can. There is no buffeting at all this is purely for sound dampening. The big ticket item will be a russel day long seat, after only 300 miles I was starting to get a slight monkey butt burn going so experience tells me for 1000 mile days I am gonna want to change that up. I found the oem seat had me sliding forward a bit so some angle chane a little more support will go a long way. with the fuel range at an easy 250 to 280 miles between fill ups I want to be able to stay in the saddle for all of that to make the most of travel time.

oh and the last bit was the kako throttle lock, I played with it a bit and it does work but was riding in a group and it was not steady enough for that, but suspect going solo it will be just fine.

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
The seating sounds a lot like the ST. I was lucky to get the Russell Day Long the way I did. My keister is very sensitive.:kat:

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Have the leather Saddleman seat on Silverwing (775.00) however came with bike. Absolutely all day comfort. The vinyl version is about 150 less. Not sure of cost for Concours?

41 - 60 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.