Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before going with the big bucks for a custom seat when mine compresed from my ample posterier I took the seat off and re inforced it. I turned it over and noticed that if I pushed down in the ventt holes I could create a lot more firmness and raise the seatt up. I then inserted some foam blocs to hold the foam down then filled the void between the pan and padding with expanding foam from a spray can. The next morning I cut off the excess foam and re mounted the seat.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
how much did it raise the seat? i use a gelpad just to get me up another 3/4 an inch and i can use it on any of my bikes

·
Registered
172 Posts
Not knocking your idea but it would seam that as you sit on the seat for a while that all the irregularities (sp?) in the spray foam would start haunting you. Let me know if I'm wrong or if the spray foam starts to contour to your rear.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It raised it as much as two jel pads did. It conformed to the seat and pan so I feel no irregularities. You still have the original seat padding above the fome. Now, if it will last. Only time will tell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts