Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the J&M headset in my helmet. The mic don't reach all the way to the front of my mouth, it's just past the corner of my mouth. Is that going to be ok? Or will it not pick up when I talk into it.

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
For clarification, which headset on what type helmet??

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
If I recall it was the HJC cl16 or is33....

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Not for certain but I think it'll be ok. Have you tried the mic out with the i/c yet?

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
It should be fine B. D. our J&M's fit the same & we never had an issue w/the same helmets.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
mine is just like that and chopin said he can hear my big mouth load and clear

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys! Now I can move on to the wife's helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
24,115 Posts
Last weekend was the first time Mz. Vickie and I have been for a highway ride since I installed the Scala wireless headsets. Prior to that I have always conversed with other " drivers " and I noticed a lot of wind noise this time and I suspect that it is issuing from her side. Someone noted that the mic has both a forward and aft port ( why ? I don't know ??? ). I confirmed this with my set. Pursuant to their idea, I'm taping off the forward facing port of the mic pick-up. To be continued.......................

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I hooked my helmet up to the bike, and everything works great! Still have to do my wifes yet. On my 95 1500, there is a knob, and some kind of lever right next to the right handle for the passenger, what are they for? I think the knob is for the passenger to adjust their volume? But what is the lever for?

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
Well, I hooked my helmet up to the bike, and everything works great! Still have to do my wifes yet. On my 95 1500, there is a knob, and some kind of lever right next to the right handle for the passenger, what are they for? I think the knob is for the passenger to adjust their volume? But what is the lever for?
It would be good if you could post a picture of it to be sure but if an Ole Fossil had to guess he would say for her to key the mic on the CB.

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
Is the lever below the push button and volume knob? If so it is for the adjustable passenger footrests.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts