Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased these new with my Honda Gold Wing 1800 (J&M Motorcycle Helmet Performance Headset HSECD584 Elite) and they work fine with audio/ all sources, but the intercom has very loud popping sound. I have adjusted the sound volume from high to very low and still there. Any suggestions. Too Loud not to worry about, but very necessary riding with passengers.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Give J&M customer service a call 1-800-358-0881. They should be able to tell you if there is something that should be looked at. Contrary to what has been posted at times, I have spoken with John Lazzeroni,(J&M's president) and he's very concerned about looking after customers and seeing that they are satisfied.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
I just call them and they believed that is was wind noise coming into the back passengers head set... I have full face shields for that reason. I will adjust volume and filter all of that wind noise out I can and see if that makes a difference.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I just noticed in the latest issue of WingWorld that J&M also has a new mic system available that is supposed to be very resistant to wind noise interfeence and will fit any bike intercom combination out there. No mention of price though. My Hondaline mic in my Arai Vector is really noisy so I may look into one for that lid if they aren't too pricey. If they're expensive, I'll stick with my HJC for the most part.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just noticed in the latest issue of WingWorld that J&M also has a new mic system available that is supposed to be very resistant to wind noise interfeence and will fit any bike intercom combination out there. No mention of price though. My Hondaline mic in my Arai Vector is really noisy so I may look into one for that lid if they aren't too pricey. If they're expensive, I'll stick with my HJC for the most part.
Thanks, I will look into that too., but I think I have something else going on besides wind noise.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same problem with a brand new set (2 days old) They seem OK at 1st and after riding for a while they start making a popping or crackling sound like there is some sort of interference. You can hear is loudest when stopped and no wind noise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts