Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Motorcycle-communications.com is a J&M master servicing dealer. We have been in business for 22 years and offer many products for the motorcycle rider. The owner is a rider himself and understands the unique needs of bikers. We offer top of the line products like J&M, Cardo Scala Rider wireless products, and Arai & Nolan motorcycle helmets.

·
Super Moderator
9,850 Posts
Welcome to the board. Always like when vendors are part of the forum. Gives us choices when it comes to servicing and customizing our Wings. Your input on products is always welcome and valuable.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hello Clay and I'm glad to see you here.
Bill

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Earphones

Does J&M make an intercom system that has earphones instead of the standard headphones. We have shorty helmets and your headsets but they put a lot of pressure on our ears and of course there is the wind noise. It seems that a nice little set of ear phones would correct this.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Clay, nice to see you posting here. I just bought a 1994 GL1500 that has the CB and intercom, but no helmets or intercom headsets. I am interested in something cheap, with very very small speakers and mic inside the helmet, primarily for intercom use. I virtually never play the radio on the bike, so don't need high fidelity.
Options?
The cheap J&M unit has mic and speakers that look bulky, though I can't find specs on it.
Thanks, Mark.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mark what type of helmet do you intend to purchase, open face, full, flip, or shorty?
Do you prefer a wired or wireless system.
I already have the Shoei RF1000 full face helmet. Not a lot of room in it for speakers and mic. I prefer wireless, but can't believe that wireless and cheap will co-exist in the same sentence. So probably what is realistic is to find something that plugs into the existing Goldwing intercom plug system.

Thanks for the post.
Mark.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Clay, thanks for the response. I appreciate it. That price is a bit much for me right now, considering the $$ I just spent on the bike and some other things I need more than the headsets (tires, horn, windshield). But I'll keep them in mind. I do wish the manufacturers would publish specs on their units, though. Like the size of the speakers and mic. I know there will be issues mounting it in the Shoei helmet, with possible requirement to cut some foam, and I'd like to try a mockup of the speakers. But without the specs, useless...
Thanks, Mark.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
fader

Clay, just installed your J&M CB radio on my '98 Aspy. Haven't fired it up yet, have to check the SWR. Do you know if the SWR is preset f from factory? Also, in putting everything back together, the connector broke on the fader. Since I had already set it, it seem to still work in that set position. If that part is available and not too expensive I will replace it.
Welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Welcome MM,

Reading your threads looks like you have plenty of experience and practical advise. I am glad you are here. Even better as you are a rider as well.

ride safe

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
CB Radio

Clay, just installed my J&M CB radio and love it. Pulled it out of garage, turned hard right and pop...the on/off knob popped off from the windshield. Now what? Can't turn it on. Can J&M replace it?

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
VTX 1800 intercom

Does J&M have an intercom system for a VTX 1800 Honda? Friend has a converted trike and wants an intercom system.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Clay, give me some direction on the on/off knob of the J&M CB. Earlier post I told you that in backing out of my garage I took a hard right hand turn forward and snapped the knob off of my brand new CB. Haven't even used it yet. Put it on for my T'giving run to Fla. this week and now I can't even turn it on. Does J&M have a replacement? Looking forward to your reply. Thanks.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Check my letter J&M corp.

J&M Corp motorcycle audio system
John,
I have complain since 6/14 that the system doesn't work as described in
your web site.
My complain that iPhone don't work properly with this system.
(background noise taking over when riding)
AS you suggested I did all this,
1. I have tried other phones they seam to work well.
2. I tried other iPhone and they all failed.
You stooped communication and failed to answer my emails since 6/18/2014
This is my last try to solve this problem.
1. Find the problem and solve it. (I am willing to bring my bike to you
to work a solution)
2. take back all items sold to me: Order #297930 #298196 #298500
Please advise asap

·
Super Moderator
11,944 Posts
pini01, I'm not sure you will get a response. The original poster hasn't been on in over three years.

·
Registered
36 Posts
comm recommedations

Clay,
Being a new wing rider we are looking for comm set for our 07 1800. we have a 3/4 KBC envy and a TORC clamshell. What would be a good system to go with. Thanks for the assist.

Dick L.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
Motorcycleman, is this the same Clay that had the CB shop in Weatherford?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.