Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 GL1800 and am having a problem with my J & M headset. I broke off one of the pins in the helmet connection and can't get the pin out of my headset. Any ideas on how to remove the pin from my headset?

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Tweezers or jeweler's needle nose pliers?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I discovered a new use for duct tape. The pin was broke off flush in the headset,
so I couldn't pull it out with tweezers. I cut a narrow piece of duct tape, stuck it in the headset connection, the pin stuck to the duct tape enough to pop it out of the hole.
Then I pulled it out with the tweezers. Thanks for your input.

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
That's good news. Another reason every toolbox should have a roll.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
For what it's worth I had the same thing happen about a month ago. I took it to a jeweler that I know and does repairs. I took them about five minutes but they got it out. Also I found that every so often the conection from the helmet to the patch cord would come loose. I took a little electrical tape around the boom and two little lock ties and attached the cord to the boom to take the stress off of the conection.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well I discovered a new use for duct tape. The pin was broke off flush in the headset,
so I couldn't pull it out with tweezers. I cut a narrow piece of duct tape, stuck it in the headset connection, the pin stuck to the duct tape enough to pop it out of the hole.
Then I pulled it out with the tweezers. Thanks for your input.
In desert racing we have a saying, "if you can't fix it with duct tape it's broke" so sounds like its not broke.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts