Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks

Here is my story. When I bought my GW.. the control module for my J&M is busted and the guy had removed it and cant find it.

No problems right. Email J&M Corporation and ask them how much for a replacement control module..

Email the support.. well The president of the corporation replies to me.. Weird.. hey.. and he says.. He is sorry. he only have about 200 of those units left and cannot split them up.

SO.. I have a $600 system on my bike that is useless because I cant get the control module.. a little box that bring the power to the unit..
JMCB-GL15

What a mikey mouse corporation

:(

Now.. I dont know what to do to get it working :(

ANy idea?

Paul

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having a problem with J&M. Most folks I have talked to and responses I've seen on this and other forums speak very highly of J&M. That said have you tried somewhere else for the control module? Does a company like Sierra Electronics carry something comparable? Hope you get a successful resolution...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear you are having a problem with J&M. Most folks I have talked to and responses I've seen on this and other forums speak very highly of J&M. That said have you tried somewhere else for the control module? Does a company like Sierra Electronics carry something comparable? Hope you get a successful resolution...

Its the module that gives power to the unit. I dunno enough about it.
I am researching but there is not much on it.

:(

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Sierra

I didn't have much luck dealing with Sierra on a replacement part. I called 3 times to talk to three different people. I never did get satisfaction (replacement cable / antenna) and their suggested fix didnt even come close. I'm not a Sierra fan.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Check out www.wingstuff.com they have the J&M handle bar mounted CB on sale for 249.99 single and $299.99 double. A buddy called J&M to purchase a bracket for his handlebar mounted CB he took it off his BMW 1200GT and is putting it on his 1300GT, and J&M told him to look it up on their web site! Boy some customer support that is

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry you are having trouble with them. I had several questions and spoke to John Lazorini (I probably killed the spelling of his name), but he was very helpful.

I have a Shoei full face helmet and could not fit my head into the helmet after putting the elite 584 headset. Spoke with him and he said "We sold you the wrong headset. He exchanged it for the less expensive Performance model and refunded the difference.

The Performance headset and my head go together in the Shoei.

On my 3/4 Bell helmet, I have the Elite 584 and it fits my head well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
PMarch ,,,,,

that is a very insulting post,,,,,

when I discussed this with you via email I informed you that the very special JMCB-GL15 you acquired with your used GL-1500 included the custom J&M built integration box (that is missing from your bike) and this little integration box was actually a larger portion of the total cost of that kit than the JMCB control head itself ,,,,

I also informed you that there are only a couple hundred of those left in stock and there will not be another production run because of the age of the GL-1500 series now ,,,,,

and to break apart a $630 kit, to give you something out of the kit, makes the balance of the kit worthless ,,,,,

I am sorry that you are offended by the President of J&M Corporation responding to your e-mail, but that is part of the service that J&M Corporation provides ,,,, JMJOHN ,,, [email protected] ,,,,,

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up, John. It saved me the trouble of a very long post.
I think your customer service is topnotch... and with the MP3 problems I had, I should know. Please keep up the good work.
I think the OP hit the nail on the head in his second post.

I dunno enough about it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
OldBiker,,,

thank you for the vote of confidence ,,,,,

we appreciate all of our good customers and work hard every day to keep them ,,,,,

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Hi JM

March's title leave much to be desired but his story line is sound. I'd be a little upset too after learning the dealer has 200 items of which the customer needs only one. And he didn't ask you to give it to him, he asked you to sell it to him. Yes I heard you; ,,,,jm,,, your 200 are boxed for sale and sitting on shelves waiting for GW1500 customers to come in for purchase. These will all sell out in quick order? Or they will expire on the shelf after obsolesence? Customer service ..... take the hit and sell the part. Thank you.

I bought a helmet speaker system and cable from you and the installation and am happy with my purchase and the service.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sure. Makes sense to me.
The next time I need a replacement back seat for my '57 Chevy... the one the dog peed on and ruined. I'll just find some guy with a '57 Chevy for sale and tell him I want to buy the back seat.
I bet he'll jump at the chance to show me his customer appreciation.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
There's a bizillion things that come in packages that you may only need one piece of, I see it every day in our dealership. Honda, Polaris, Husqvarna, all of them. It's unfortunate, but it happens. Perhaps John could make a special offer on the package to smooth things over, but that's his call. Tough spot for both sides.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
March's title leave much to be desired but his story line is sound. I'd be a little upset too after learning the dealer has 200 items of which the customer needs only one. And he didn't ask you to give it to him, he asked you to sell it to him. Yes I heard you; ,,,,jm,,, your 200 are boxed for sale and sitting on shelves waiting for GW1500 customers to come in for purchase. These will all sell out in quick order? Or they will expire on the shelf after obsolesence? Customer service ..... take the hit and sell the part. Thank you.

I bought a helmet speaker system and cable from you and the installation and am happy with my purchase and the service.
You need to read the response again sir, He is saying the part desired by the OP is a small part of a complete system that is worth over $600. He is not willing to take a part of that $600+ system out, therefore making the rest of the kit useless junk when he only has 200 units left and there will be no more. Also, he did not say they were waiting for people to come in to buy them.
Now, my suggestion is:
1. The OP buy the whole kit.
or
2. Start google searching for Motorcycle junk yards

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
i've blown 2 j&m speakers and both times j&m replaced them.i think they are underpowered for my 250 watt bazooka amp,but i'm very happy with their service.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The OP has 2 options.
1) but the whole kit
2) go back to factory

Personally I can not understand getting upset at a dealer not wanting to separate parts from a kit. I understand some will but the majority will not.

I needed the spring that holds the headlight bulb in place. I figured about $4 for the spring. Honda sells it as a kit which is $180

I searched for 2 months trying to either find the spring or headlight. Ended up having to buy the inner headlight assy.

Just a thought

J&M has always done right by me.

dd

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just out at Wing Ding in Des Moines, and stood in a long line, (hour and a half) and witnessed J and M fixing head set after head set under warrenty, and doing it with alacrity. I was impressed. I have several J and M Arai Gold Wing color matching helmets with the Elite headset, and am very pleased. My issue was operator error. I know this does not help PMarch's dilemma, but as stated, he could maybe make an offer on the compete kit, as he may need more of the parts later.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have not heard good things about J&M. My buddy just bought some speakers from J&M and decided he didn't like them. Now they won't take it back despite the fact that their web site states they take returns if its in its original packaging.

I've heard that John (the president) will stop responding to emails and have heard their customer service is not up to par. I know I'll never buy from them.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Just my opinion, but if J&M is OK with Mother Honda for their equipment, I'm Ok with it too. I have both the OEM Hondaline sets (although they are J&M in the package) and a J&M direct set as well. Actual J&M packaged product is identical to the Honda package, the instructions were better, and the cost was less than half of the OEM even with my employee discount.
BTW, welcome to the forum Deluxe2010

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I have not heard good things about J&M.
Good things is all I've ever heard about J&M!

My buddy just bought some speakers from J&M and decided he didn't like them. Now they won't take it back despite the fact that their web site states they take returns if its in its original packaging.

How long did he have the speakers? What is J&M's reason for not allowing a return? Interested in hearing the whole story!

I've heard that John (the president) will stop responding to emails and have heard their customer service is not up to par. I know I'll never buy from them.
You "heard"! Where did you hear this? If true, I'm sure John made every effort he could to resolve the issue before he stopped responding.

You just can't keep everybody happy all the time!
The OP, as already stated, needs to buy the whole kit or search the junk yards.
There are many items from most all companies that are serviced as "part of a package". Don't always agree w/it but, that's the way it is!
J&M Corp should be commended for the innovations created for the motorcycling community and the services they provide.
Only company I know of the constantly repairs/replaces headset items long after the warranty has expired.
Do not want to offend anyone here but probably time to move on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts