Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just got J&M headset for the 1200 and fitted them into the helmets and went for a test ride. My headset can transmit but not receive from Vanessa. It does receive the radio
Vanessa's receive's both me and the radio. But when she talks I do not receive her.
I tried my headset into her port on the back and Vanessa on the front and then she could not receive me when I try to transmit from the rear port.
So the problem is with the rear port.
Now I am a dummy when it comes to anything electrical .
Could there be something that is simple for me to try?
For the helpful members that think I should not do anything because I can tell her where to go:eek: and she can't answer back................:cool: That is not what I want.:(

·
Premium Member
6,717 Posts
Eric,

Is it possible the Wing has a push to talk button on the passenger that you do not know about?

If not, it could be a defective microphone on her headset.

Mark

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou for your reply. There is no push to talk for her on the back. I used my helmet on her port on the back and the problem of transmitting was still present.

·
Premium Member
6,717 Posts
Then it sounds like it's in the harness on the bike itself.......

Mark

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
Try some electrical cleaner in the passenger port. Could just be corroded.

·
Premium Member
16,740 Posts
I think I'd try what Cantankerous said, and maybe carry it farther and follow the harness back to the radio cleaning and checking the connector.
Once found a wire broke right at the pin in the connector.
Might try moving the cable around right by the connector while you're talking. Hold one side as still as you can, while pushing slightly and wiggling the wire on the other side slowly

·
Premium Member
24,638 Posts
Sounds like the plug-in harness to me too. Good luck mate!

·
Administrator
29,009 Posts
What they said Mate. Not sure it's right but I would start there.

Electrical Contact Spray

1 - 8 of 8 Posts