Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has been complaining about my 08' GoldWing saying, "It's windy back here". She says she would rather have my old CB750 because it didn't feel like she was going to blow off the back. Since I never ride back there I can only go by what she says. Any passenger suggestions for her. She is 70 years old and I sure would hate to loose her and have to go back to pick her up. That might get her pissed off a bit. Do I need to get fairing wings? Do they work?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Honda GL1800 Gold Wing Accessories - Rear Airfoil , it is like what convertibles have to keep the wind from wipping back. Chrome World.com has them. Linden

·
Registered
2,835 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,431 Posts
Mr. B,

The other guys are right on target with the ideas & I'll try to answer your question. Yes they work I have several of the accessories & they keep the wind off the Missus.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hope the wife don't see this. She told me the same thing about the wind on my 08, so i told her, Duh.......... you're on a motorcycle........ ! That didn't go over very well, so i am in the market for something to block a little wind also. Thanks for the tips, rick

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
If Momma ain't happy, then nobody's happy. Try a full set of Baker Wings. They work great. I've never tried the rear airfoil. Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hope the wife don't see this. She told me the same thing about the wind on my 08, so i told her, Duh.......... you're on a motorcycle........ ! That didn't go over very well, so i am in the market for something to block a little wind also. Thanks for the tips, rick
Funny... I had the same thought. If she had not had a better experience on the cb750 it would not be an issue. I even told her that it was 32 year older wind. Didn't work..

·
Registered
35 Posts
What is different about the '08 models from the rest of them?
My wife say she doesn't have a problem with it on my '78. She has not had a problem with it on any of my bikes.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I notice a lot more wind when my wife is on the back - seems to be coming from her direction... ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
roflmao... I said the same thing once when someone asked about the wind, i said "i never even thought about it" (co-rider). Somethings are better thought of than stated out loud. After 33 years you'd think I'd know that by now. You should be happy that at 70 the Misses still rides. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts