Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got in from an 90 mile loop and it is just Too Dang hot !!!
That is all.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Here in Cali at the lake, its pretty moderate at about 85. However, my back spot welded itself to the boat seat after it warmed up in the bright sun. Yeeeoooowwch! I'll be going for a spin around Yosemite perhaps in a couple of days or when i feel like it. So nice to be on vacation. Stay cool my friend.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Don't know hot hot you have it but here in Phoenix it is definitely HOT. Over 110 every day for the past 2 weeks. Went out to a Chapter breakfast this morning and it was over 100 by the time I got home at 10:30 am.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I just got back from Wing Stuff in Lake Forest, It was nice over there in Orange County but when I got back home to San Jacinto it was close to 100.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can relate to the Phoenix temps...Lived in east valley for around 30 years. In Alabama now. Temp. near 100, HUMIDITY @ 100% !!!

Dit Dit Dit - Dah Dah Dah - Dit Dit Dit

I

repeat:

TOO DANG HOT !!!

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
It got up to 78 here in Seattle. Sunny skies and no wind. It was nice. I put 200 miles on the bike today to see how my dirt bike trailer worked out. It worked great. No wiggle....... just a lot of stares from some Harley folks.

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Here in central Mississippi it is pretty hot. We are hitting 100 or close to it every day. The sweat belt feels like the humidity is 100% but it really gets down into the high 40's in the heat of the day. That still is uncomfortable. I'm riding the bike to work every day but not at all this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
this is where having a naked bike comes in handy... as long as I'm moving, it's never to hot to ride
That's why I'm on the Yamaha riding to work and back. But in the afternoon it is like riding in the oven.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
its in the upper 80's to mid 90's, no breeze but i have no complants. its not cold

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Guys its so hot here in Oklahoma I'm feeding my chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying hard boiled eggs! :D

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
No such problems up here. After things quit burning up all over the province, the tap opened up and seems like it's been raining ever since. 3 to 5 inches of rain over the weekend and never broke 20*c (70 f) and over 10 inches in most places before that. Rivers and creeks flooded some of the places in Slave Lake that the fires didn't get, our river is well over it's banks and hasn't crested yet. Guys riding in for the rally hit horrible storms complete with hail and torrential rain. The Flatts looks like a war zone with all the ruts and mud holes left behind. Had two tractors pulling campers and trailers out, yuck. Cut our attendance way down but all in all, pretty good considering. Gimme some heat please!!!

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Gimme some heat please!!!
I'll give you all you want. You gonna come down here to get it or do I have to bring it up there.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The air temp indicated by my Wing said 115 yesterday @ 2:25 PM. Weatherman said we hit a record temp of 111. Either way, 111 or 115, it was a warm ride.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
We've only been in the low 100's around here. Childress, a small community in the Texas Panhandle, hit 117 two weeks ago, and Wichita Falls, about 2.5 hours northwest of here, has been hitting highs of 110-114 pretty regularly over the last 3 weeks. Most of Texas is in severe drought conditions. The weatherman says it might take a hurricane or two to break the drought. As my Daddy use to say; "watch what you ask for".

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Budoka: You just had our yearly rain fall in a week. And those that are down in Texas I take my hat off to you if you ride in temps over 100f. Eric

·
Registered
20 Posts
Im with Willmax its too hot to fish, too hot for golf, and too hot afternoon rides! I'll save my strength for morning rides.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Eric its been 105 several nights last week riding home from work at 7 pm and only dropping to mid to high 80s at night.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts