Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)Hi Folks!
Well, it's sitting in my garage. Brand new. It now has 8 miles on it. Not real sure what all the buttons are for but have the owners manual here and am about to dig into it.
My first ride home was a lot different than my BMW. My feet are closer to the ground and it feels odd. I'm going to a parking lot tomorrow and do some slow turns to get more acquainted with the bike. It has a TPMI gauge and after I left the dealer, the light came on and told me one of the tires has low air pressure. Amazing!
I can't figure out how to adjust the radio yet. I'm sure the manual will tell me. I was sort of hoping this radio had the volume control that once set, the ambient noise would raise the level of sound. If it has it, I haven't figured it out yet.
I'm sure this will be a good time. Took the plunge. Obama says the economy is going to get better!!!! I did my part! I spent money!!!
Stay tuned. I will need "ya'll's " advise.
Locknut!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Congratulations! Know how you feel, we picked up our new one last week. I rode it for awhile then read the manual. Seemed to make more sense as it is info overload. Our tire low air light started blinking too. Checked air and both tires were at 34 psi. Those Honda prep guys must think it is a sportbike. I aired up proper pressure and haven't seen the light since.

What Beemer did you come off of? It was a k1300gt for me. Quite a difference in size weight and power (k1300gt has 160 hp). But the wing a surprisingly nimble and is no slouch in power.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Locknut, just got my 2010 goldwing 1800 monday and still trying to figure out what all the buttons do. LOL My last bike was a HD.:)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Congrats on your new bike Locknut.
AAh there's nothing like the smell of a new bike bike ,oh wait thats supposed to a new car dose'nt matter it still smells great. Love reading the manual of a new car or bike and yes there is a setting that increases the volume of the stereo when it goes above 80kph, it will be in the book
Happy trails

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Locknut congrats on the new bike. Had mine since April and still trying to figure out all the stuff on it :)

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Great! Have fun with the new toy. I was in your shoes last November and mostly have it all figured out. Have fun!

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
congrats locknut, where are the pic's

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Boy, like Christmas in August... Congrats Locknut on your new (really new) Wing. I have my 09 for over a year and still get confused by the radio buttons.... Ride safe and welcome to the family...

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
CaptVic, congrats on your new Wing also. Boy the family just keeps growing. Ride safe..

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
You boys with your new toys be safe and enjoy your riding. Keep it clean and well serviced. There will be some of us looking for a well kept 2010 wing.I will probably be one of them and just as excited. Eric

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The "old bike" was a 1993 BMWK1100LT. I traded it in to the dealer. Tried to sell it myself but didn't have the time or the patients. It's on the showroom floor at the Honda dealer now. Still looks good. The Honda smells new....just sitting in the garage, the room has a different feel. WOW!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
changing pressures

I am a newbie also. The radio will adjust to get louder the faster you go, and the tire pressure thing is something I have had problems with. The first long ride I made (1300 miles in 3 days) after sitting over night the idiot light came on. I rode in extreame heat, and then parked it and the pressure changes some I am sure. Still had 37/39 LBS front/rear. I shot some air in them (39/42), idiot light went off. 2 Months later, I did 2700 miles in 5 days, and after a night in the garage, once again the light. I put a couple of pounds in each tire, bringing them back to 39/42 from 35/39. I think riding 75MPH for hours in 95-100 degree heat, the pressures are increasing, and the computer sees this. Then you park it and the pressure drops more than 5 LBS and Idiot Light appears. Just a theroy. I am thinking about getting some nitrogen.:cool:

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Don't feel bad about having to learn the buttons and settings on your new Wing. Heck, I had two before and now sell 'em and took a detailed (required by Honda) training course on the 1800 and I'm still learning with mine. Took me until two weeks ago to find the 'ambience' setting on the stereo (bone-head:eek:). The TPMS is great if you ride often, but I still carry a guage. One of the best things about the adjustments is the suspension (IMO) control.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Sweet!!!!!! I'm reliving the moment. "Each time a bell rings, an angel gets his wing ", the devil be damned.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Congrats, you're going to love it !! I've had mine about 6 weeks now, I'm getting use to the clutch and all the buttons. I've got 2300 miles on it and wouldn't trade it for anything. Good luck with it and post pics.............

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Congradulations Locknut, its all good and a swell ride. Be safe and dont get hurt in slow speed sharp turning. I still walk mine around in a 180 degree intersection turn.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Congrats

Congrats Locknut,

I picked mine up 2 weeks ago...
How do we post pics here?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts