Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Wednesday I bought my first Wing. The dealer I bought it from wanted to give it a service, replace the rear tire, and replace the speedometer cable the was bad all on there tab...that's good! My wife, (who insisted I get a Wing...any wonder why I love her :D) insisted that she has arm rests, so I had the dealer order a set and asked for them to be installed. Wife's happy...again that's good! I get a call today from the service manager letting me know that there is a small problem...the arm rests that got ordered fit a GL1800, not the GL1500 that I bought. To the guys credit he did offer to take a set off of a 1500 they have on the floor, but I decided to decline thinking I paid up front for a NEW set not a used. Bottom line is I won't be able to take my first real ride until this coming Wednesday. I honestly can't say who is more disappointed...me or the Mrs. But on the other hand it's been cold and rainy everyday since I bought the bike, and according to the weatherman, starting Tuesday the weather is supposed to break. Wednesday is suppose to be a fantastic day...sunny with little wind and highs in the upper 60's. So I guess it's all good as our first ride on our new (to us) Wing well be on a near perfect day. But I have to be honest with you all...having to wait a week has got me feeling like I'm seven years old and its still only December 23rd. :(

Dane :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Well, your the paying customer and you got what you wanted. But, that's good because you will soon be riding and enjoying your Wing. Good luck with it!

What part of the country are you riding in? Sounds like my neck of the woods in New England.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi Commander K,

Sorry, I should take a fer moments and fill out the “User CP”section. I'm located in the rolling hills of Southwest Wisconsin.

Dane

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Congrats on your new (2 u) Wing. It will be worth the wait, believe me. I've been through your beautiful state and really enjoyed it. Ride safe and enjoy the forum..

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome Dane,Sounds like it's gonna be a very Merry Christmas in April ! The wait will just make it that much sweeter when you drive away with it the way you wanted it.Enjoy and ride Safe.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Enjoy the ride!

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Dane, Here's an idea when the weather finally does break do a search of weather for an extended trip grab a bag & do an overnighter ride for several hundred miles, layover, get up the next morning & ride back home. That would really be like Christmas Day, when you got outside on your new bicycle in 4" of snow just so you could ride it that 1 time.:D

Oh the memories: been there done that.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Hi Dane, where are you in S.W. Wi.? My buddies and I do a lot of riding in your neck of the woods. We are just across the border in N.W. IL.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Dane, where are you in S.W. Wi.? My buddies and I do a lot of riding in your neck of the woods. We are just across the border in N.W. IL.
Hi Matt,

I’m not too far from Platteville WI.

Dane :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hi all,

I got a call from the service manager at the dealer I bought the bike from. Good news...it's ready to roll! 12 hours to the first ride of the seadson and counting. High of 64 degrees, no wind, and sunny...it should be perfact leather weather. No I'm not excited :rolleyes:.
I forgot to mention that my wife and I are taking the day off of work just to ride. It's all good.

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
High of 64 degrees, no wind, and sunny...it should be perfact leather weather. No I'm not excited .
I forgot to mention that my wife and I are taking the day off of work just to ride. It's all good
Good for you Dane. Have fun be safe. The wife & yourself will fall in love all over again & you'll both fall in love with your Wing.:cool:

·
Super Moderator
14,420 Posts
Dane,
I hope you and your wife enjoyed the ride today. My wife enjoys the Wing a lot more than the Stratoliner we also have. Be safe and watch out for the ones who aren't watching out for you.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
SO,, How was the ride???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts