Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well all the day is almost here and the bike is almost packed and my buddy Tony and I are almost ready to kiss the wifes goodby for the start of our two week or let me say our 14 day trip. Fossil will add things that I tex him when he can (THANKS Fossil) and if you are in the place we will be at please stop and say hi. http://mapq.st/LDvIcx This map is close to what we will be up to and I know I left a stop or two out but my atlas is already packed and I don't know if I can find it at the time of this post.:eek::D and GORDO if you see a place you would like a Tshirt from let me know, I my find a good one for you.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,721 Posts
That's awesome....good thing you didn't have 2 or more way-points, you would have run out of letters.....:eek:

Be safe & have a great time! :D
Mark

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Kinda late and don't want to scare you but,
1. I assume you know 80/90 is a toll road
2. You have routed yourselves through one of the most congested, dangerous areas for motorcycles I know of: Chicago!
I am so sorry but, I would avoid that area at all costs!
Under constant construction of some kind and yes, I lost a friend when he was forced into a guard rail by a semi-driver that just had to change lanes unexpectedly. People have no sense in that area.
I had a GM plant to contact in that area, a supplier in Cicero and a plant in Janesville, Wi. All forced me to drive along the exact route you have mapped. Always dreaded it and started planning my trips through there in the very early hours, prior to 7a, or very late, after 9p. Still heavy traffic at 9p+ but manageable.
Please consider US 20 through Indiana and South of Chicago. Also, if you time you arrival at meal time near Middlebury, In you will enjoy eating at http://www.essenhaus.com/
Amish Family Style dining available or order from a menu. This would be one of the hi-lites of your trip.
Again sorry for the gloom and doom, just trying to help.

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No gloom and doom taken I have been through that area and I always no that no one can see me and I know what you meen. Thanks for the diner info I love Amish style anything.

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's awesome....good thing you didn't have 2 or more way-points, you would have run out of letters.....:eek:

Be safe & have a great time! :D
Mark
That must be why I left out Mt. Rushmore, we will be doing it.

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
Well all the day is almost here and the bike is almost packed and my buddy Tony and I are almost ready to kiss the wifes goodby for the start of our two week or let me say our 14 day trip. Fossil will add things that I tex him when he can (THANKS Fossil) and if you are in the place we will be at please stop and say hi. http://mapq.st/LDvIcx This map is close to what we will be up to and I know I left a stop or two out but my atlas is already packed and I don't know if I can find it at the time of this post.:eek::D and GORDO if you see a place you would like a Tshirt from let me know, I my find a good one for you.:rolleyes:

Cool stuff.

TUNE IN guys later.:D

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Have a safe trip.....

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
After reviewing your map....it looks like a great trip. Does this mean that I will be seeing your smiling face in Kalispell? Hope so. I am going to be out there tracking some of those same roads you are going to be on in an opposite direction come August 8th.

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After reviewing your map....it looks like a great trip. Does this mean that I will be seeing your smiling face in Kalispell? Hope so. I am going to be out there tracking some of those same roads you are going to be on in an opposite direction come August 8th.
I'll be in that area a little sooner and back home in Pa. by the 5th but you never know when this smiling face will pop up.

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
Looks like a great trip. Always good to have a friend to ride with and enjoy the countryside. Ride safe and take lots of pics.

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
Have a safe trip

·
Administrator
15,312 Posts
Be careful, have a safe trip and let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks to all, we are off and we will be safe and the pics will be back.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Shiney sides up!!!!:D

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
Well I have 2 Updates to report.

1st - Got a text from G.D. on Monday that they were in Ohio. His riding buddy had encountered a flat tire & that he was getting things fixed. He did say that it was a good thing for his friend to have AMA roadside assistance as this is the 2nd time he's needed it.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.