Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...a great day to ride.

A few of us met up for a MS-F Chapter ride from Flora to Canton. This is an 18 mile trip that with a few intentional twists and turns I turned into a 170 mile ride. We went north up to Bentonia and west on Hwy 433 through the hills and curves to Satartia where you fall off into the Delta. The Delta may be flat but the roads are far from straight with lots of sweeping curves and I always love riding this particular little grey road on the map. We kept west through Holly Bluff and Rolling Fork before turning north on Hwy 61 and then east on Hwy 14. In Louise we turned onto Old 5 Mile Road and stayed on those grey roads into Yazoo City. We stopped for a bite to eat there and then headed north on Hwy 49 to Eden. From here we again jumped on more grey roads including Eden-Midway and Wildwood Roads into Vaughan, Pickens, and then down to Canton where we split up. I put over 200 miles on the bike and the weather was perfect with temperatures starting out in the low 60’s and getting to the mid 70’s.

For you snow bound people here is good news; I didn't see a robin all day. So they are headed your way along with spring.

Here are some pictures;
1st is the curves of Hwy 433
2nd in the Delta on the Satartia road, flat but not straight
3rd along Hwy 16, yes that's a bear crossing sign (think Teddy Roosevelt)
4th is our lunch break in Yazoo City
5th is a pretty nice looking bike at the Madison County Courthouse in Canton, MS

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,444 Posts
Good stuff Mark. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Looks like you had a nice ride, and thanks for the pics, I forgot that grass is actualy green.:D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Nice pics, most of the grass around here is still dead except for a few hay fields. The Junipers and cedars are about the only green you see. But, still a great ride. Can't wait till vacation in June, off to Colorado and New Mexico on the Wings first long trip.:cool:

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Sounds like a fun ride, around here it's like Larry said one rain front after another here in the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Super Moderator
9,849 Posts
Glad you had a great day and thanks for the pics. Looking forward to when the weather breaks here so I can be doing the same.. Ride safe..

·
Premium Member
11,004 Posts
Thanks for the ride report and photo's. I take it that the road is a secondary road. How long before it will get green. Eric

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the ride report and photo's. I take it that the road is a secondary road. How long before it will get green. Eric
In the Southeast it is greening up quick. The earliest trees are budding out and the weeds along the highways (and my yard) are growing. Maybe two more weeks and it will be full fledged spring here. As the temperatures warm up there are more wildfires. Yesterday lots of big ones in Oklahoma and Florida.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Nice Color

...a great day to ride.

A few of us met up for a MS-F Chapter ride from Flora to Canton. This is an 18 mile trip that with a few intentional twists and turns I turned into a 170 mile ride. We went north up to Bentonia and west on Hwy 433 through the hills and curves to Satartia where you fall off into the Delta. The Delta may be flat but the roads are far from straight with lots of sweeping curves and I always love riding this particular little grey road on the map. We kept west through Holly Bluff and Rolling Fork before turning north on Hwy 61 and then east on Hwy 14. In Louise we turned onto Old 5 Mile Road and stayed on those grey roads into Yazoo City. We stopped for a bite to eat there and then headed north on Hwy 49 to Eden. From here we again jumped on more grey roads including Eden-Midway and Wildwood Roads into Vaughan, Pickens, and then down to Canton where we split up. I put over 200 miles on the bike and the weather was perfect with temperatures starting out in the low 60’s and getting to the mid 70’s.

For you snow bound people here is good news; I didn't see a robin all day. So they are headed your way along with spring.

Here are some pictures;
1st is the curves of Hwy 433
2nd in the Delta on the Satartia road, flat but not straight
3rd along Hwy 16, yes that's a bear crossing sign (think Teddy Roosevelt)
4th is our lunch break in Yazoo City
5th is a pretty nice looking bike at the Madison County Courthouse in Canton, MS
Man, Crownfire, I see they let you out of the day care for the day! Ha, ha... I guess I haven't seen your bike up close, love the color! The weather was beautiful this weekend. Wife and I were out today for a ride... This, after returning from our weeklong trip through FL...;)

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Looks like a nice day for a ride. Thanks for the pics

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man, Crownfire, I see they let you out of the day care for the day! Ha, ha... I guess I haven't seen your bike up close, love the color! The weather was beautiful this weekend. Wife and I were out today for a ride... This, after returning from our weeklong trip through FL...;)
I was wondering who would notice that picture....some of us need proper supervision.

·
Premium Member
11,004 Posts
Crownfire: I did see the sign but thought it was a community centre. Not that it makes any difference. You had a good size group that you were riding with and through your photo's I got a small taste of your ride. While we are on the subject of photo,s. I was impressed with your one man band of taking a photo of the bikes behind you while on the move and they aren't bad photo's. Now who said men can't do two things at once. Eric

1 - 14 of 14 Posts