Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recieved my two certificates for the IBA Texas and the Bun burner gold 1500. Normally it takes a little longer...

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
You the man Lee. Congrats on a super achievement. When you retire from this you ought to write a book to coach others who are starting out and following in your foot steps.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dan....I will be posting my route in a week or two so anyone who is a long the way that wants to ride along the way can...I always like company ......:D

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
Congrats on your accomplishment(s). I'd ride along, but I don't know if I could keep up...LOL

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Congrats Lee

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Congrats on getting it done. 1500+ in 22:43 is incredible. Hats off to you

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys....I will be leaving June 21st. Getting ready.. until then. I am taking weekend rides to warm up ....

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
So you're officially another hard a**! Nicely done Lee.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you everyone...I have asked someone to look on my facebook and post my location when I leave...I will start a thread with the mapped route so anyone interested can see where I am...it will only tell my daily end locaiton.
When I get back I will post the trip report..... hoping it will not be a collosal failure...:eek: but I will do my best to succeed...:D

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Thank you everyone...I have asked someone to look on my facebook and post my location when I leave...I will start a thread with the mapped route so anyone interested can see where I am...it will only tell my daily end locaiton.
When I get back I will post the trip report..... hoping it will not be a collosal failure...:eek: but I will do my best to succeed...:D
Hey Lee...I have attempted to find your facebook page. Would love to follow you.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
How do these 1000 mile and 1500 mile IBR’s work is there a web site or something. I routinely do 600-700 mile days, so I’m curious what a few hundred more miles would be like. In July we’re leaving for a two week trip that’s around 11000 Km (6835m) Ontario to California to do the coast then back home. There might be a few days in there that we travel a 1000 mile or more on the way out or home depending how much time we take to do the coast. Is there a passenger version of this as well? It sounds like a fun thing to show people while having refreshments it the garage lookin’ at the toys

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How do these 1000 mile and 1500 mile IBR’s work is there a web site or something. I routinely do 600-700 mile days, so I’m curious what a few hundred more miles would be like. In July we’re leaving for a two week trip that’s around 11000 Km (6835m) Ontario to California to do the coast then back home. There might be a few days in there that we travel a 1000 mile or more on the way out or home depending how much time we take to do the coast. Is there a passenger version of this as well? It sounds like a fun thing to show people while having refreshments it the garage lookin’ at the toys
It can be done especially if you are doing 700,,,it means though the variables have to be favorable. Your stops have to be cut down to 10 to 15 minutes, try to get as close to 300 miles per stop...to reduce stops as well. (auxilliary tank, but IBA requires no more than 300 miles between stops.) A lot of highway or open roads are needed to make time. If you start at 5 am (which is about the time I usually start) it maximizes your daylight riding during the summer. Full moon is another good thing as well.

Killers to making time...traffic, too many stops ...too long stops....mechanical problems . My first one I hit terrential down pours and traffic...I road for 22 hours straight to complete 1156 miles compare that to perfect weather and great roads and high mph...I completed 1500 miles in 22 hurs 43 minutes.
towards the end it always gets hard....look up the iron butt association.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the info
Your welcome..FYI I have attempted 9 Iron butts and have completed six. Three failed from extreme cold, rain, mechanical failrue my point is I did not risk finishing becuase it would have been dangerous. Please remember it is better to stop when it becomes dangerous then to continure. You can always try again. jmop.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts