Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an FYI for you guys looking to carry some extra gas on those long trips. Napa #817-4085 2gallon gas can is on sale , I think nationally for like $9.00. It fits perfectly in the side hard bags on my 83 Interstate. So that's 4 extra gallons of piece of mind just in case. And it's protected inside the hard case. Happy traveling brothers......(and sisters!)

·
Super Moderator
28,437 Posts
Interesting Joe, I'm not sure I would make a habit out of riding with the extra fuel but that's just my initial thought.

I do have to say that one of the observations of the little lady's & my trip cross country last year was in Open West of the country I found myself fueling when I saw a station. We would be riding on a lonely stretch, albeit beautiful, we would see a fuel stop after the last town was 70-80+ miles prior & I would do some thinking. "What if the next town has a power outage or the owner of the station is sick. Mmmm better get fuel here."

Sorry to make this long but I applaud the thought process & the find of a Good Westerner. We really liked the Page area.

Thanks

Rapier you should file the thoughts away for the 4 Corners ride in June.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts