Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, RoadRUNNER Magazine is looking for a 2001 or newer Goldwing GL1800 to use as a project bike to be featured in our magazine. If your bike is chosen we will add a variety of aftermarket accessories and improvements to your bike free of charge and afterwards you get to keep the parts.

We are looking for someone who:
1.Owns a pristine (for photos) 2001 or newer GL1800 (as stock as possible)
2. Is preferably a RoadRUNNER subscriber/reader
3. Is local (or at least willing to travel) to Winston-Salem, NC.

We are looking to do the upgrades early in 2013. If you're interested PM me with your email address, your bike info, your location, and your familiarity with RoadRUNNER. Thanks guys

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Check out the latest edition of RoadRUNNER Motorcycle & Travel Magazine. My bike was chosen for their project bike and is featured in this issue, pp. 88-90, and I really appreciate and have enjoyed all of the modifications and additions. Great people to meet, especially David, who's a gem of a mechanic and photographer. What an experience!

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Hey, how 'bout some pics of all the upgrades and add-ons here?? Love to see them.
Pictures include the additions except for the battery: Bill Mayer Saddles Leather seat, Shorai Lithium-Iron Battery, Saddlemen GL1800 Liners, luggage & rack bag, Roadsmith Comfort Controls, and PIAA LP 530 Led Light Kit. These are also shown in the magazine article.
First picture is David at RoadRUNNER installing all of the items back in May; the last picture shows the rack bag and the finished project. How's that? :webers:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,269 Posts

·
Administrator
28,998 Posts
This is great news George, especially like Tank said for a GWOF member to be chosen. OUTSTANDING. David & RoadRunner Magazine are one stand up group.

:notworthy:

By the way the Mods look great, I'm sure you & Norma will make great use of them.

Congrats on your success.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
This is great news George, especially like Tank said for a GWOF member to be chosen. OUTSTANDING. David & RoadRunner Magazine are one stand up group.

:notworthy:

By the way the Mods look great, I'm sure you & Norma will make great use of them.

Congrats on your success.
Thanks, Bill. First time I've ever gotten anything free in my whole life (not that I ever expected anything) and was quite surprised when David contacted me back in Feb; wasn't sure what all it included until around April. I had to take my bike to Winston-Salem, NC, RoadRunner's home office, for the changes, which is fairly close. Super group of folks.

·
Premium Member
8,002 Posts
Great looking Wing, Mr. Henderson! Well done!

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
My issue came the other day but I hadn't had a chance to look through it yet. I'll pull it out tonight and check it out.

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
Saw your bike in the magazine. Looks like they took good care of you.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Yes, I did see the pics and that bike looks great!! I especially like that seat. Is it as comfortable as it looks??
You bet! The only thing that I'm having to adjust to is the new comfort controls. The foot pegs are an inch lower and I drag them more often in the curves; just take some getting use to.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.