Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 1985 Limited Edition. It had 60,612 miles on it. In the last few weeks, I have put over 1,000 miles on it and it ran great, until yesterday. I would ride along, then suddenly the fuel system light would come on, and the engine would die. I was hardly able to get it home. When it would die, I would have to leave it shut off for a minute or two, and then it would start back up, for ever shortening periods of time. First for a few miles, then a mile, then half a mile, etc. I changed relays 4 and 5, at first seemed that may do the trick, but then back to the same thing. I did notice, that when it dies, relays 4 and 5 click on and off. This is making me think the fuel pump is fine, and that it is the fuel pump shut off switch. Does anyone know where that switch is located? I want to bypass the switch, and perhaps hook the switch up to a light on the dash so if the switch does misbehave, a light will flicker proving the switch bad.
any thoghts appreciated.
Tom

·
Super Moderator
15,138 Posts
another message sent tom

·
Super Moderator
15,138 Posts
let me know if you need a hand doing any work on the wing and i'll stop by and help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.