Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone tell me how to adjust my right side bag latch? Latch works but doesn't open my bag on my 1988 GL1500. Must be a cable to adjust??? Have been opening with emergency button inside Trunk.

I found the cable adjustment behind a small clip out cover in the back,center inside the trunk. Just undo it and you have access to cable adjustment similar to brake cable adjustment. I adjusted it and is working like new.
Thanks for all your help
Paedrozee

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF paedrozee. i had my left bag off to do brakes but don't remember seeing an adjustment but i just let the bag hang by the cable

·
Registered
151 Posts
hi pae, when the cable stretches beyond its useful limit it needs replaced. a very simple job an about 20.00.

·
Registered
143 Posts
try looking in the center compartment at the rear of the trunk, I remember seeing something there. Linden

·
Registered
183 Posts
bag cable adjustment

I think there may be an adjuster for the cable, remove the screws holding the latch cover on, one on top lip of trunk and 2 more inside. If more inspection is need latch canbe removed with another 4 screws outside.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RE: Bag cable adjustment

Thanks Guys, Now I have something to check. Will post my results when I find out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YA"LL
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Waiting for Spring ...... don't like Winter. For us Canadians Arizona is starting to sound GREAT!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts