Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen several wings with the same remote key fob that mine came with.

Upon tearing out the plastics and bent trunk/saddlebag mount, I found an alarm module. But the install was about as crummy an install I have ever seen.

So is it a dealer installed item? is it just an aftermarket deal?

Since my saddlebags and trunk were all busted up I could not make out what the functions were for the alarm. It sounded like it was trying to unlock the trunk or something.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I have seen several wings with the same remote key fob that mine came with.

Upon tearing out the plastics and bent trunk/saddlebag mount, I found an alarm module. But the install was about as crummy an install I have ever seen.

So is it a dealer installed item? is it just an aftermarket deal?

Since my saddlebags and trunk were all busted up I could not make out what the functions were for the alarm. It sounded like it was trying to unlock the trunk or something.

Any ideas?
I have the fob with the red button that says call on my '06- but it doesn't do anything, like yours. Maybe there is an option that we don't have?

·
Registered
73 Posts
the red button (call) should honk the horn and flash the lights. does on mine any way, and its an 03. then of course the lock/unlock. yall keep on winginit rick

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
You have to hold the red (call) button for about 2-3 seconds. This should activate the hirn and flash the lights.
The alarm you are talking about seems to be aftermarket. The original unlock module is located in the top of the trunk between the trunk lid and liner. The wiring for it runs along the hinges.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
You have to hold the red (call) button for about 2-3 seconds. This should activate the hirn and flash the lights.
The alarm you are talking about seems to be aftermarket. The original unlock module is located in the top of the trunk between the trunk lid and liner. The wiring for it runs along the hinges.
Mine unlocks but maybe I just need to hold the "call" button a little longer. I'll try it.

·
Premium Member
24,638 Posts
I'm betting the alarm is aftermarket. There was one on my RC51 whenI bought it. Not a total rats nest on the install, but enought that I wanted it gone so I disconected it and got rid of the botched wiring. I use a disc lock on either bike now when I want more security. Beyond that I have insurance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts