Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here is what i have done.
changed oil and filter,adj valves, adj points, install timeing belts,cleaned carbs and set float(done the washer under the needle trick),flushed gas tank,replaced fuel hose, rebuilt petcock,new tires and tubes,rebuilt all 3 calapers(pads were fine),fresh brake fluid,new neck bearings, checked wheel bearings,changed fork oil,new k-n air filter,changed antifreez,checked all lights(all work),it starts and runs fine on the kick stand and in the yard, no oil or water leaks, fan comes on after about 15-20 min,have i forgot anything, am i ready to ride????

·
Registered
690 Posts
... Howdy ... Whew!! Made Me Tired Just Reading The Post ... You Have Done A 'major' Amount Of Work ... Well Done ... I Would Say You Are Road Ready ... Take It Out Run 5 Or 10 Miles Give A Good Look Over ... Another 10 - 20 Miles Look Over ... If No Runs Drips Or Errors " Play Ball " ... Good Job On Reviving The Ol' Girl ... Happy Trails ...

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Take it and go. Enjoy the fruits of your labor. Have fun and ride safe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks all, I HATE BREAKDOWNS...
i am now in the painting process, about half done, hope to ride before aug 1-09 .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fri july 31, 1st ride, 15 miles , no problem, except for a lean off cruise thing, i will address this later. 2nd ride sat aug 1 aprox 63 miles, no other trouble, i am pleased with my new bike...

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Sounds like everything is going well with the restoration. Remember to post pics of the finished product. I'm sure folks would love to see your ride when it's done..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts