Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my '97 SE, I have 2 white lights on my Wing, well below the main headlight, and roughly positioned just forward of the cylinders. I think they are called "cornering lights". They are controlled by an on/off rocker switch just forward of the radio controls. Is it okay to drive with these lights on in addition to my normal headlights, or are they intended as a parking light? I know the police are sometimes a little picky about what lights they consider "legal".

·
Premium Member
16,740 Posts
On my 93 aspencade, Those are after marker lights that I added and have amber bulbs in them.
Not sure what the law is about when you can run white lights there full time.
Sorry, I can help you with your question

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
They were originally cornering lights, controlled by the turn signals. Running them in a constant on state is no different than having daytime running lights.

·
Super Moderator
10,000 Posts
They were always on when I had my 98 GL1500. More lights is a good thing on a motorcycle..

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
before '98 they are cornerning lights and only come on with the trun signal around '98 honda changed them to running lights. if you have them on an aspencade the lights were added by the po as only the 1500se had them

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Ok, here's a question. does anyone make a nice looking add on cornering light setup that would fit on a '12?

Tuning in the dark is a leap of faith on some of the roads I ride.

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.