Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
I like a backrest. Sometimes I dont want to carry a bag. I do have a bag I can throw in the back seat and as you see in my avatar I carry a hi-viz dry bag on my luggage rack. Works for me......

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
I have a bag very similar to that, I put it on the passenger seat for long trips if I'm not pulling a trailer...Works good for me.....

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
I've seen several of those you mention, don't know how well they work but should be ok. I'd take the bike to where you're thinking of buyingit and set it on the bike to see. Hard to do if you're buying online though.

·
Administrator
29,004 Posts
S.B.G. that 1st bag you linked to fits really nice on the backseat if you want. I have that same bag although I really only used it with a rack in a hitch which also works great for two up. No trailer needed. As Ref said a Backrest is a wonderful thing especially covering big ground.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My personal recommendation is to put the back rest on first before you buy the bag. I looked at a particular bag and almost bought it.Got my Utopia back rest installed and went back to the dealership and guess what....it wouldn't fit....had to find a bag that would fit between the rest and the passenger seat.

·
Super Moderator
9,997 Posts
If I purchased one I'd go with the first one.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Hi
I have the first bag and used it twice this year on multiple day trips.
It works well for me however, I don't use the backrest at the same time.
The hardest part is getting on and off the bike.
This is easily mastered by practice.
On one of the trips I was in the mountains and got on and off probably 30 times one day to take pictures, no problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts