Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a price of $21000 including everything, taxes, fees and all for a new 2010 wing in FL. They also are giving me $1000 in Honda accessories included. Does anyone know of a lower price or should I pull the trigger? They only have a few left they said at this price. I've been quoted prices elsewhere as high as $26000...

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Go to Ebay and check out the prices on the 2010 new and $1000 back. Bit of travel time but 22 for an air bag model.....I would put a link here but I dont know how......:D Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My price of $21000 includes all the tax and everything

I saw that airbag wing on EBay for 22k, but that does not include tax, tag, and title. The price I got in FL for the base model is only 19600 before tax tag and title, 21k including everything. What do you think? If I were to buy the airbag one I would have to go to NC and then pay about $1520 in tax, tag, and title for 23500 total. Not sure if the airbag is necessary, especially if I can get the base for 2500 cheaper???

·
Super Moderator
9,849 Posts
I paid $19,000 ($17,900 bike price) including tax title and delivery out the door for my 09 1800 base model. So I would say $21,000 is not a good deal. The $1,000 is a Honda promotion which should not enter into the equation.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Wow

Wow, you got a good deal! I asked them about that deal and apparently they had sold their final '09s at a similar price, but the MSRP went up $800 from '09 to '10 and '09s had a different rebate at that time than do the '10s? Is it possible they had a rebate of $1000 on the '09s plus a lower starting price instead of the $1000 in accessories and the higher starting price for the '10? I remember when I got my '06 it was thousands less, but the prices have definitely gone up a lot. Anyone buy one recently with current 2010 pricing? The MSRP on Honda's website for the base 2010 GL18 is $22899, so $21000 out the door after FL sales tax and everything seems pretty awesome?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
It's there and it's ready. If you are happy, then it's a good deal.
It doesn't matter what you quote, somebody, someplace can always claim to beat it!
IMHO, that's a good OTD price. Tell them you want the extended warrant as part of the $1,000 accessory offer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply

That's a great idea to use the $1000 toward extended warranty so I asked about it and apparently Florida's laws are different for insurance and warranties. Florida is the only state where you can't do that! We don't even get the national promotions when it comes to warranties because dealers are not allowed to alter the price of the warranty from the Florida posted price. Bummer. Luckily it comes with 3 years warranty and I can always extend it later. I have some accessories picked out that I will use the $1000 for instead, but thanks again.

·
Registered
741 Posts
What? Only 21K out the door to own the best bike made. Chump Change. I got my 08 airbag model for 23K out the door so go figure.

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
I got a price of $21000 including everything, taxes, fees and all for a new 2010 wing in FL. They also are giving me $1000 in Honda accessories included. Does anyone know of a lower price or should I pull the trigger? They only have a few left they said at this price. I've been quoted prices elsewhere as high as $26000...
Pull the trigger.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got it!

I just got home with my new 2010 Gold Wing. I love it. Thanks for the responses everyone. I ended up choosing the black over the yellow but put some LED lights on it to keep myself visible at night. If it is chilly tomorrow I will test out these heated seats and grips but maybe won't have to since I'm in Florida :p! Anyone else looking for a new 2010 go check out Fun Bike Center in Lakeland. They didn't screw around and just gave me a good deal with no arguing. I told them I was on this website earlier asking about their price and they asked me to mention/plug them on here! So go check them out and tell them Jeff Slank sent you!!! They did good by me and they will help you guys too (plus they will give me more free stuff for sending you in...hehe) :cool:

·
Super Moderator
9,849 Posts
Congrats on your new Wing. Ride safe and enjoy the best touring bike made.

·
Registered
109 Posts
That does seem like a good deal....Mine was $23000 in Chatamooga...At that time it was a good price....Come on in the water is fine!!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
That's a great idea to use the $1000 toward extended warranty so I asked about it and apparently Florida's laws are different for insurance and warranties. Florida is the only state where you can't do that! We don't even get the national promotions when it comes to warranties because dealers are not allowed to alter the price of the warranty from the Florida posted price. Bummer. Luckily it comes with 3 years warranty and I can always extend it later. I have some accessories picked out that I will use the $1000 for instead, but thanks again.
Now I'm confused! I know about the screwy warranty law in Florida.
Can't see any problem in using the $1,000 bonus to pay for it?
Law says you have to buy it in Florida at an inflated retail price(there is a way around that)but it doesn't stipulate how you pay for it.
Anyway-Glad you got the Wing and you already have ideas for th $1,000 in accessories. Enjoy.
Also, ask that dealer about the 4 year warranty some are getting on 2010's. You mean Florida law prevents you from getting that perk?
If true-everyone in Florida should be burning the ears of your representatives to get that insurance scam repealed ASAP!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now I'm confused! I know about the screwy warranty law in Florida.
Can't see any problem in using the $1,000 bonus to pay for it?
Law says you have to buy it in Florida at an inflated retail price(there is a way around that)but it doesn't stipulate how you pay for it.
Anyway-Glad you got the Wing and you already have ideas for th $1,000 in accessories. Enjoy.
Also, ask that dealer about the 4 year warranty some are getting on 2010's. You mean Florida law prevents you from getting that perk?
If true-everyone in Florida should be burning the ears of your representatives to get that insurance scam repealed ASAP!

Yes, the Florida law prevents us from getting the 4 year warranty perk unfortunately. As for the $1000 in accessories, I asked for clarification on that and it is a policy of Honda Motor Co. that this bonus be used strictly toward the purchase of Honda accessories. As the buyer I can choose what accessories I want as long as they are Honda-line accessories but I can't choose to use the $1000 toward service, warranties, insurance, discount etc. The dealer is required to provide Honda with the list of Honda accessories that the customer chooses and if the dealer does not provide it then the dealer does not get paid by Honda and they are out 1000 bucks. I ended up buying an extended warranty anyway and a maintenance package.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.